I Forge Iron

Standard Time is here.

SLAG

Folks:

In the next few hours much of these United States* shall change from daylight saving time to standard time.

So clocks should be turned back one hour.

("in fall, (autumn), clocks fall back. In spring they spring forward").

That means that we get an extra hour of sleep.

(or carousing,  for some).

Just   sayyin".

SLAG.

* Canada  too.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow's one of my favorite days of the year. Not because I get to sleep another hour, I get up when I wake up and sometimes don't realize the time till I'm downstairs. What I love is the folks who get the spring and fall change backwards and show up 2 hours early for: work, church, scuba lessons, cave sky diving, etc. I used to work with a guy who did it every other year, coming in late in spring was normal for him but fall was special.

I won't ask what treat you give Tommie so he sleeps happy. B)

Frosty The Lucky.

When I lived in Clarksville TN. The bars would close at 3 a.m. but alas they didn't get an extra hour of sales in the fall and actually lost an hour of sales in the spring.  

I have to work in the morning and getting an extra hour in the morning isn't worth feeling like I'm at work an hour later in the afternoon. Ymmv

Pnut

Axle hasn't adjusted to the time yet. The clock says 0630 but his stomach says 0730 had to feed him breakfast an hour early.

Old Native American saying:

Only the white man thinks if you cut a foot off one end of the blanket and sew it to the other end, you have a longer blanket.

10 hours ago, Frosty said:

Tomorrow's one of my favorite days of the year. Not because I get to sleep another hour, I get up when I wake up and sometimes don't realize the time till I'm downstairs. What I love is the folks who get the spring and fall change backwards and show up 2 hours early.B)

Frosty The Lucky.

I bet you also enjoy watching people walk into the automatic OUT door on their way IN to supermarket or vice versa. I know I do. :P

Pnut

I worked at a place where an elderly lady jumped the curb and crashed through the front of the store. I wasn't working at the time, dang it. But it made front page news. Nobody got hurt amazingly. There happened to be no one on the side she hit. It was interesting working with a plywood store front till it got fixed

Grew up in Arizona, Arizona doesn't go for this particular brand off stupidity.  We already have evidence that it increases accident rates and heart attack risk, wile not doing a xxxx thing to reduce energy consumption. The only benefit is that people buy more hot dogs and hot dog buns in summer and more kids get their buts wiped because it’s still light out at bedtime. 

Franklin proposed it to save candles and lamp oil, it wasn’t i acted until WWII (if memory serves) when factories and offices had big windows. Made sence, but today all the lights are on all the time in every buisness (Wally world did try scylights but the workmanship was so poor they discontinued the practice because they couldn’t stop the leaks.  Street lights still burn dusk till dawn... no savings and a public health and safty issue. But hey, you get more time to grill hotdogs and hamburgers...

11 hours ago, CrazyGoatLady said:

Hmm I don't know how to answer that...

:lol: :lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, pnut said:

I bet you also enjoy watching people walk into the automatic OUT door on their way IN to supermarket or vice versa. I know I do. :P

Pnut

Oh MAN! Heck I have a good laugh when I do it. You don't have to be near auto doors anymore with people walking around with their heads up their smartphones. They walk into everything, I especially like folk walking into fountains I think it's a great lesson real embarrassment with evidence that lasts the rest of the day. I can't laugh at folk who walk into: traffic, off train platforms, jet engines, and such often fatal situations but the gene pool needs regular chlorination so I can't feel too sad.

Frosty The Lucky.

I once walked into a window I thought was an automatic door. Missed it byyyy that much. The door was to the left of the window I walked into. In my defense there was a mat in front of the window. I got a hearty laugh out of it at my expense. I wish I could have gotten the security footage. 

Pnut

I've been fooled by an open sliding door behind the glass wall. Fortunately most places have them well covered in adds and such now. Folk walking into glass walls or closed auto doors has only become amusing since they increased the strength of the glass enough running into one with a loaded shopping cart at a run won't break one. Someone stepping into a rain of glass guillotine blades has never been funny, even when they didn't get cut.

Here's a funny one for you, not ha ha funny, odd funny. Since the TBI I have to pay really close attention to things around me, I don't feel dizzy but I have wobblies at unpredictable times so I have to pay attention. I haven't come close to walking into much of anything since catching that tree. Talk about a day late.

Frosty The Lucky.

It's funny when someone else does it. Not so much when it's you! While working one time, I slipped on some water and ended up completely under the prep table... my boss gasped then she couldn't stop laughing because she said I was up from under there about as fast as I had gotten in there. No worries, it didn't hurt except my pride a little. 

SLAG, good reading. The farm aspect is why I don't like it very much. The animals don't know the time changed and animals like rabbits especially like routine. It causes us to have to change feeding and working routines and takes a minute to get into the groove. 

I thought DANG was the sound you heard when someone whacked you with a skillet. Not cast iron of course, that's more of a THWOCK!!!! zzzzzzzzzzzz.

You know Charles, sometimes I think it'd be fun to put a random number of Xs in posts to see where other people's gutters lay. If we were lucky we might get Glenn to wet himself a little. :lol:

Frosty The Lucky.