I Forge Iron

fun frolic and D&D

pnut

Historical miniatures for me, and Western gunfighting skirmish for me.20 sided dice rule.

My historical side focused on the time of Frederic the Great.

It's brought two great things in my life,,,

Badly bent and mostly baroque...

Love of baroque ironwork.  :)

On 9/19/2019 at 10:31 AM, CrazyGoatLady said:

probably

What do you mean "probably?".  ;)

From one who back in the day was a country lovin' boy shoeing horses, a 10 year goat business, hand pumped our water, and heated with wood. All whilst living on the edge of the national Forest. Couldn't have done it without my beautiful wife. She handled the goats, canning, and maintained over a 100 tropical plants at 9000' elevation. I still can smell honeysuckle and orange blossoms blooming mid winter,,, sitting around the ole Fisher papa bear wood burner.

Oh, still living in the country and swinging a hammer. No goats, but I still garden and am building my new shop. It's been a grand life. Painting figures and getting into history was what I did sitting around the fire at night. I'm still a history buff.

48 minutes ago, anvil said:

What do you mean "probably?".  ;)

Touche', anvil. I thought about that after I posted...

I like history as well, with WW II era being of particular interest. I'm reading a book called the Girls of Atomic City. I just started it and it is fascinating. It's funny to me how much real history I don't remember being taught in school. 

I'm sure she'll love having you home:D Tommie did have to travel a lot for his last job. He won't have to do that anymore, but in early October, he'll probably be working night shift four days a week. That'll be different. But I think I read somewhere else that you'll only be 5 miles from your house? That's really nice

I bet they do! Well, he has an hour drive now instead of about 25 minutes. The company he was at was laying off people left and right. Shut down job sites all over the country.  Cut out bonuses. Even talking about restructuring. He just felt it was time to get out. I'm happy for you. Nice when good things happen to good people

On 9/19/2019 at 8:00 AM, anvil said:

My historical side focused on the time of Frederic the Great.

An interesting time. 

The friend I'm playing with is holds a Masters in history and he's DMing so we're playing around the 3rd. cent. realm. 

I'll maybe DM a sci fi realm just for some variety or maybe go palaeoarchaeological realm. Let Og and Gronk dodge sabretooth, hunt mastodon and clubnap hair drag cavewomen.  There's a card and game shop that has tables and miniatures for folk who want to play but I'm not sure if Sean's realm will fly. One of these days.

Frosty The Lucky.

15 minutes ago, BIGGUNDOCTOR said:

, I have worked nights for years and love it. Less traffic, cooler in the summer, more laid back-no big bosses around, and a few more benefits

I've been a night owl since I was young. Second shift has always been my preference, but I've worked third quite a bit. I work in the daytime now but still can't manage to sleep past about 2am. I do miss the shift differential working at night though. Unfortunately I can only do the job I'm at now after 9 am. 

Pnut