I Forge Iron

Shop Mottos

I was just reading the "words of wisdom" thread and it got me to thinking about something related.

What's your shop motto - And what was it's inspiration?

Mine is "Light the fires, see what transpires"

It came from a demo I was doing about 4 years ago. I got together with a bunch of drummers and we hammered and drummed together from 8 pm on a Saturday until sunrise the next morning - as we were starting, I said "Let's start the fires and see what transpires" . . . it's stuck ever since.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine's, "Stuff Done With Metal."

I had it put on a card and a buddy of mine thought it made me sound like a dumb hick and thought I should've put what I knew how to do on it instead.

To be helpful he got a piece of paper and wanted me to tell him what I could do with metal and he'd write it down so I could do a business card the right way.

He gave up before he got to half a page.

Everybody else (almost) that I show it to just asks if I can do such and such for them.

Frosty

If its not worth the price, don't fix it.

Did a machining job one time for a farmer on a tractor rear wheel, asked him 4 times if he had checked on a used one. he told me to do it. when I got done he complained and fussed because he could have gotten a used one for a third the price to fix it. and I told him the cost up front.

Edited by irnsrgn

Remember, if you want to run with the big dogs, you need to learn how to pee in the tall grass. i dont know who said it, i dont know how it pertains to shop, but i think its funny so i have it welded to my forge

and this is my daily prayer

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to hide the bodies, again dont know who coined it but its catcy

Custom metal Work " plain or fancy". It's all about the time it takes to produce the product and what the traffic will bear. If the client wants fancy, they make the call and they can't balk at the price. With plain, what you see is what you get.

Peter