I Forge Iron

Problems

Michael Cochran

Good to see you back here, Mike. You have my number, anytime you want to chat I'm here. I've been through the depression, therapists, exercise and diets also. I can say that eating right, exercise and weeding out the negative & drama seeking people in my life has made a world of difference. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Frosty said:

What do you like on a salad?

I’m not usually a salad eater but recently I’ve been craving it (my body must need the minerals). Usually I like a salad with the little cherry tomatoes, shredded cheese, and some shredded carrots are sometimes on the list. Truth is I’ll load my salad to the point it’s really not a salad anymore. It’s an experience lol. 

Charles, you have a few good points there. I took Chantix before and it worked great. I was no longer having cravings after the third day and was smoke free until I started working in close proximity to a chain smoker and thought to myself ‘one won’t hurt anything.’ The list idea can be a good thing and have recently thought about doing that with some of the more important people in my life. 

Josh, I appreciate it, I might be calling on you this weekend. 

Listen to your food cravings, your body talks, listen to the good ones. I hit the Safeway salad bar often enough. They're a good place for kitchen sink salads. I skip the dressing cottage cheese and things I have at home, IF I'm taking it home. Super market salad bars  are expensive but you pay for convenience. 

Yeah, quitting smoking is HARD but worth it. It's an addiction like any other. The patches are a way to keep you addicted, you might as well try tapering off while smoking. I tried and they were worse than tapering by will power.  It took getting brained by a tree to kill my cravings. I STRONGLY discommend it but I'm thankful I'm no longer plagued by the addiction. 

However I still have fond memories on rare occasions and turn my back on them. A nicotine addict is an addict, addiction is for life. One day at a time.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 month later...

It’s been a while since I’ve been on here. I’ve been dealing with some tough stuff but I thought i should give everyone an update. 

My meds are 4 times the original prescription strength. I can finally go a few days at a time without being depressed enough to be a problem. 

I am dealing with a lot of things that try to pull me down and I’m finding ways to deal with some of the problems. Stress at work was getting to the point it was causing my health to be affected so I resigned my position of leadership and went back to being one of the crowd and it’s helped tremendously. Some of the stresses I’m treating with a sense of humor to get by and that’s helping some. 

Ive started spending a lot of time at the river near by fishing, camping, and “surviving.” That’s taken my mind off of a lot of my problems enough to allow me to relax some. 

I’m still taking life one moment at a time but the moments are getting a little longer which I feel like is an improvement. 

Life might not be ideal right now but it’s so much better than what it could be. I’ve been trying to count my blessings more these days, not ignoring the bad things just focusing more on the good things. 

• 1 month later...

It’s time for another update. 

My meds have the depression well under control and the therapy has helped some as well. 

I am looking at moving about 80 miles or so north and starting a new life to get away from some of my triggers that are around here. I have a job lined up to start in a couple weeks so I just have to get things in order so I can get up there ASAP.