I Forge Iron

Trenton History

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update your location in your profile.  We'll forget in 10 minutes where you live it you don't.  The reason we ask you do that is not because we're gonna "storm" your house, it's because you may have someone, or a bunch of someones living near you who are smiths and can be of assistance. 

Beautiful anvil by the way.  Of course, I'm not at all envious of your for having it.  (That's a bunch of BS !)  :lol:

• 5 months later...

Welcome aboard Blaze80r, Someone with a copy of AIA will be along to give you a date range of your very nice looking Trenton. I hope you have read about not doing any grinding, milling or welding on it's hardened steel face.

BTW: Have you read this yet?  READ THIS FIRST   It is full of tips on how to get the best out of the forum and keep the moderators happy.

• 6 months later...

The earliest Trentons didn't have the serial on the front foot as I recall and the side switched over time as well if I recall Anvils in America correctly. (Also the foot sometimes can be heavily corroded so you can't tell if it was stamped or not. I have a 410# one like that.  Good clear caplet and configuration though.)

• 1 month later...