I Forge Iron

1910 Indian/Harley replica

Thanks They are actually harbor freight 79cc predator engines. I strip them down take out low oil sensor /governor and mount them vertically. Then I make a set of " flathead" fins  for the top to make them look more interesting. If they go bad. 99.00 gets you a new one. 

They rarely do. Very good honda clone motor. 

IMG_0875.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

Here's another experimental bike I made from a fat tire bike from the store. 

I used a golf cart type clutch on it and a little bigger predator motor. 

Not really historically accurate but kinda cool. 

Blacksmithing has somewhat phased out my bike building. For now any way. 

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

The tiller steering of the old motorcycles has always scared me, I don't think I'd break 30 on one.  I couldn't afford a replica. 

I hear money is too hard to forge and not have to explain to Treasury agents.

Forge medallions and medals and you're okay. It's a striking hobby you know.

Frosty The Lucky.

Yes. Agreed on the steering of bikes of this vintage. The Harley replica has accurately bent handlebars and it's very difficult to ride. Takes getting used to. 

On the Indian I took a more modern approach when I bent them up. The indian is a more performance minded bike and will go 35-40 and is very stable. 

( not ignoring the blacksmith puns. Just fresh out at the moment if I come up with one I'll coal ya)

hehe. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Welcome aboard DoughJoes, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you'll have a better chance of hooking up with members living within visiting distance. 

He scratch made the frame and metal work, it's in the first post. The thread is 4 years old if you hadn't noticed.

Frosty The Lucky.

If I read it right he bought the Indian frame. I love the old motor cycles and scooters. Haven't owned one in decades though. I once had a Cushman Eagle that had the very first Crane cam made in it. My brother and Harvey Crane were best friends. Harvey ground the original cam on a bench grinder in my folks car port around 1956. That Cushman would run a hundred miles per hour and scare the daylights out of me going that fast on such small tires.

I went back and read it again. You have it right, he bought the frames. 

I can't imagine going that fast on a Cushman scooter, I had a Lambretta and 50 seemed crazy fast. Those little tires picked up every little feature of the asphalt. 

Frosty The Lucky.