I Forge Iron

"Knifemaking is in my DNA"

TheoRockNazz

This is a blade that's been in the work for months, finally I am happy to be able to show it off!

20170408_090315-01.thumb.jpeg.98ce0a4d5687c5dbf6b38f2cb1c88d9c.jpeg20170408_090325-01.thumb.jpeg.e35136ac943160db86e94df66537d375.jpeg

This concept came to me quite some time ago, and it took me winning Forged In Fire to finally scrounge up to the funds to move forward on. The handle and general blade shape was waterjet cut from 1/2" thick 5160 spring steel, then forged to shape from there. Had to get inventive with some stuff - sanding the twisted areas was a nightmare - ended up leaving bits of forge finish some places because I wanted to allude to it's forged nature. I gently hot blued the handle to protect all the nooks n crannies.

Overall I am very happy with this knife; it's sharp as the dickens and light in the hand. Let me know what yall think,

Theo

6 hours ago, cedarghost said:

DNA....I get it!

yeah, finally  a joke that i get!:lol:

Littleblacksmith