I Forge Iron

Just Finished

JPH

Hello:

Just finished these at 0300hrs this AM..Just a few pieces that are bacon and beans stock for he website. All are lam 1095/L-6 and meteoric iron. Some have Coco-Bolo or Royal Ebony..the others have Bovine Ivory. I hope that my shipment of Bone shows up soon cause I am almost out!

Didn't turn out all that bad given the fact that it's just table/site stock. Nothing really "fancy" or anything..Got a couple more I am finishing today as well.. Gotta keep the critters fed..Plus the Missus will be having her surgery PDQ and I gotta come up with the lucre for our part.. So...

Back to work for me!!

JPH

DSC03463A.jpg

DSC03417A.jpg

DSC03425A.jpg

DSC03430A.jpg

DSC03434A.jpg

DSC03443A.jpg

DSC03452A.jpg

44 minutes ago, beech said:

Well, "nothing "fancy" " depends on who you are...

Yeah really! I'm trying to imagine what JPH thinks fancy is. The dagger in the third picture between the pattern in the steel, the double hollow grind and the perfectly matched handle is one of the most attractive blades I've ever seen. I'm saving that one as inspirational stock.

Hello:

Thank you for the kind words....these are not fancy at all..really... just simple work for the site. These are my "bacon and beans" sort of stuff..

Anyway..here are two more pieces I finished about an hour ago. Both are mounted in Bovine Ivory and one is in my "Solar Storm" pattern and the other is "Ladder". Phosphor bronze mounts and well, these ones went together really nice,  at least I think so.  I will be finishing up a PW sword tomorrow..I will post pics as soon as that one is done as well.

JPH

DSC03465A.jpg

DSC03472A.jpg

I'll say a few words with higher for a smooth surgery and fast recovery.

I rarely comment on your blades, you've run me completely out of adjectives, I just try to keep from slobbering on my keyboard. Having seen pics of your blades it' easy to believe these are bread and butter pieces. You can afford bread and butter to go with the bacon and beans. ;)

Frosty The Lucky.

Love the work, as usual, but I'm particularly attracted to the "simpler" blades.  There is just something about the elegance of proportion and attention to fine detail that appeals to me.  To my mind it is sometimes more difficult to execute a clean, well designed knife without a lot of ornamentation and still keep the same level of aesthetic interest.  You really nailed it with these.  While I would be thrilled to own any of JPH's blades I would have a great deal of trouble passing by the single edged knife with the dark wood handle (photo #4) if I walked past it on a sales table.