I Forge Iron

Zombie Apocalypse Bone Crusher

Here a Zombie Apocalypse Bone Crusher w/stand.....3 layer of steel forge welded to form its protruding center blade 24 inches long, 3 inches wide and 5.25 lbs. This thing is pure nastiness! I made it for buddies son who's into the Zombie thing (I have no clue). I did make it as a functional weapon. As the say on forged and fire "it will kill" lol!

i posted it here because it's actually made  for display and it's not a knife. I hope that's ok?

See Frosty I'm back from the "normal" realm...lol!

IMG_4136.JPG

The zombie weapons and post apocalyptic weapons are always fun. I've made some axes and stuff before to just be wall hangers. I could probably do them all day long. Once for the fun of it I took some to sell at a fleamarket. Should have seen how many people were just creeped out seeing them. Then the few who absolutely loved them. 

Looks like a real slasher. Love the chain and loop on the end of the handle. 

I guess if you wanted to think of it "practical", by law, you should be able to take it on a plane. I would love to watch someone try to convince the baggage checker that it was just a fancy strait edge! There's nothing like an actual knife, but at least it's better than a "tactical pen".

Uh Ray, zombie this and that IS the new normal, you're sliding down that slope buddy. Must be the zombies leaking juices eh? I'm not a zombie anything fan so I don't have an opinion worth posting. It has a post apocalyptic, Mad Max realm sort of appeal to it. I'm trying to remember in what movie Robin Williams made a sword from the F100 spear part of a Ford Pickup trim. . . . Nope drawing a blank on that one.

I'm with you Charles, a nice walking stick is a fine close support accouterment. (DARN, wiki says I can't use accoutrement in reference to a weapon!) Call it an accessory then. Funny how many folk think swinging a walking stick is how it works, one poke to the sternum usually clarifies the issue though. Don't get me started on pool cues. :o

I suppose in a zombie apocalypse I'd want a Louisville Slugger in each hand. I don't have a flame thrower. From the short blurbs I see in trailers and such I think all a person really needs is good waking shoes and a dog to wake you up from naps.

Frosty The Lucky.

American military rifles started going down the tubes when they decided to start using bullets that just tick people off rather than dropping them. 

You might not be in jail if you hadn't left witnesses. A .223 doesn't even make a decent club when you run out of ammo after shooting something a couple dozen times trying to stop it.

C-1 do you think shooting cops is suitable for jokes? 

Frosty The Lucky.

My plan for surviving the Z Apocalypse is to head north. Anyone who has ever harvested a deer in a cold climate knows what happens to a mammal once it expires in below freezing temps. Presumably zombies have no circulatory activity or body heat so.....Z-cycles ;-) Anyone in Alaska should be able to walk around smashing them with a hammer a few hours after they turn. Fun.

Nice blade though CT, I liky the look of the post apocalyptic stuff.

33 minutes ago, Frosty said:

C-1 do you think shooting cops is suitable for jokes? 

No I don't. Sometimes when I can't think of anything that's actually funny, I just get careless. One thing I like about you guys is that y'all care about things like that. It's awesome that on this forum, people take the time to stop sharpening their knives, and sharpen each others character. I truly want to be a sharpener on this forum. Not a dull blade. Thanks for calling me out on that one, Frosty!

C-1

Just to clarify...I agree with Frosty that 308.s are much more effective than 223.s. My point was that 223.s are much more effective than baseball bats. Also as a clarification...I am not in jail, C-1 should not think shooting police officers is funny, and, C-1, my name is not dassy.

didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, just my lame, failed attempt at humor. my apologies, everyone.

1 hour ago, C-1ToolSteel said:

No I don't. Sometimes when I can't think of anything that's actually funny, I just get careless. One thing I like about you guys is that y'all care about things like that. It's awesome that on this forum, people take the time to stop sharpening their knives, and sharpen each others character. I truly want to be a sharpener on this forum. Not a dull blade. Thanks for calling me out on that one, Frosty!

C-1

I didn't think you do but I couldn't think of a better way to point out a faux pax. They'd just announced the second cop shot what day before yesterday died. 

I'm always having to keep on top of myself or I say things I shouldn't. Something sounds funny, I say it and it turns out the only place it's funny is in my own head.

Heck we were all going down the shoot people trail, I'm lucky I didn't post something I shouldn't. Back to zombies?

Freezing them should probably work but what about spring? Do we have to spend all winter cracking frozen zombie skulls so they don't wake up and shamble come break up? About lack of zombie circulation. Doesn't that put paid to small caliber rounds? Simply poking little holes in a rotting corpse isn't going to cause them to bleed out. Heck, 7.62 would only blow more ichor off them, you'd have to aim for joints if you don't take head shots.

A B'ball bat in each hand makes a fine joint popping skull cracking combination. The real down side is having to get that close to the rotting. Thinking about cracking skulls a wrist rocket and a 3/4" nut (wrench size) will punch a hole in a fresh steer skull, a 1/2" bearing wouldn't do it, not heavy enough. Ah the experiments we did as teens. <wistful sigh>

So, how about say 6' - 10' of para cord and a couple fishing weights in the 6-8oz. range. No, not to mace them with but as a bola, let one weight out as you swing it around and throw it at their legs. Before the zombie got untangled it'd either get eaten by other zombies or it's legs would fall off. 

How about concertina wire? You could stand just out of reach and brain them with rocks.

You're right, a .223 is perfect, a B'ball bat is overkill it'd take all the fun and adventure out of . . . killing(?) zombies.

Frosty The Lucky.

Wow talk about a post being derailed.....

Biy I'm glad I don't now or care to know anything about this Zombie fad. I do like the Mad Max concept Frosty. That sounds about right. I think I'd still rather my bone crusher over a b ball bat and certainly my 7.62 and head shots over a .223 I mean why was time with anything but a head shot period. 

Not having to worry about post apocalyptic survival anymore I have stopped keeping track; Always thought that a pound of ball bearings in my smoothbore falconette would probably do the job.  Black Powder too and I have a medieval recipe for making it starting with an old manure pile...

(As an insulin dependent diabetic the clock starts ticking as soon as refrigeration and/or transportation and manufacturing of Insulin is impeded.  It's not a survival positive thing to spend resources on making your own.  "Alas Babylon" published in the late 50's points out the loss of diabetics about a month after WWIII happened...)

Thomas man that is a depressing way to look at it. I guess I'm in that same boat, the pace maker would eventually stop, the build in defibrillator would no longer work, I'd eventually run out of the 17 pill morning cocktail as well as the 5 in the evening...forget about transplants surgery....heck man I'm gonna just take out everything I can before I go do having a blast doing it lmao!

Depressing; shoot no!   I don't have to worry about all that survival stuff! (and can spend my life appropriately when the time draws near.  A starvation diet will stretch my time a bit too).  We have a friend who actually researched making insulin from animals  because they told us that in such a scenario they were going to kidnap me and my wife and head into the mountains as our skills would be a big help....A nice compliment but not a good strategy. 

Since "Alas Babylon", the plight of Diabetics in an interruption of modern technology has been mentioned in "Lucifer's Hammer" and "Dies the Fire" too.

The theory behind using 5.56 vs the 7.62 nato is that it costs an opposing force a lot of resources to recover, recuperate and redeploy a wonder soldier than to train a new one. Much the same theory as being taken prisoner, as one must guard and care for you. 

Its a great idea if you are fighting the US or another army that belives in the "rules of war" not so much with our modern foes. 7.62 and .45 would certainly be better than 5.56 and 9 mike. Tho a double tap will certainly bring down most foes. Tho a good old 12 guage slug and double OO ball works very well.