I Forge Iron

what's this have to do with an anvil ?

The cutting tools that finish turned/bore it were forged on an anvil.  The stamps that dated it were forged.  The engraving tools that carved the inscriptions on the midsection were forged.  The tongs that held the crucible while casting were forged by a blacksmith.  The chisels that turned the wooden pattern were forged.  The sawmill that made the wooden carriage had some iron and steel parts, just guessing here... made by a blacksmith?  The miners that mined copper and tin ore may have had some iron tools.  Hammers that broke up the ore at the smelters' may have been iron. 

And it seems to have some forged iron carriage fittings.  

1 hour ago, Thief_Of_Navarre said:

And this is why I enjoying logging on.

Sure beats a job. About some of the views you guys are talking about, I only see one pic, did I lose out on another vote?

Frosty The Lucky.

Most people over here (England) use both metric and imperial if you're weighing yourself it's in stones pounds and ounce, cars and scrap metals are weighed by the ton but food is sold by grams or kilo's but beer is sold by the pint or 1\2 pint most use feet and inches for most things, but if you want the accuracy you swap to metres/ millimetres. After working I construction I can use whatever measurements are thrown at me it makes no odds. But it was a little confusing when I first started out.