I Forge Iron

Buying anvil from Czech Republic

Never dealt with them, but from there web page it looks like there on the soft side, but the price is very attractive if its new or near new condition.  I worked for many years on a soft anvil and while not as much fun as a hard one, it'll get the job done.

I'm in Australia, just want to know if the seller is legitimate before I send money for the anvil. 

They have advised me they don't use PayPal only bank deposit so I'm kinda worried because they are on the other side of the world

BigBlu has Chech anvils that are very nice.  You might check with Josh there and he may be able to get one sent directly from the foundry that they use or they may be attractive even if shipped from their location.  I just checked and they do take PayPal.  They are good folks to deal with.  Tell 'em I sent you.

Wayne, not sure who you are talking about for the PayPal?

ive been sending emails to Branco cz about payment for the anvils. They have told me they only take bank deposits, I'll email Branco cz again and tell them that Wayne sent me?

Thanks

Just had a look at their website and I'm afraid all those anvils are out of my budget

On 8/24/2016 at 3:40 PM, JHCC said:

I like the "piercing desk". Anyone going to be in the Czech Republic anytime soon and willing to bring one back in their suitcase?

That sure would get a nice little note from our friends at the Airport Security. Maybe I'll hide it in my carry on?