I Forge Iron

good for the hands

Black Ink

I'm a pretty industrious guy when I'm not in the smithy I,m working on my wife and I's car or the house or whatever.SO last week my hands got to the point where the were scabbed blistered and bruised, and I was whining about it to my wife so she made this solution for me and it was the best.warm water, hydrogen poroxide and olive oil. Olive oil you say? Yes it has anti bacterial properties.I've used it on all my tattoos with great results. I soaked for about 10 min while I watched Family guy. gigidy goo

Never have wanted or had wimmens hands but I will guarantee you this. Gold Bond creme in a tube works. Use it enough and it will give you soft hands. It works on hands. It works on dry ankles from socks and long underwear. The wife has always had a ton of different stuff around for dry skin but none of it ever did me much good. Yes Finnr I grew up usin bag balm ( by the old name ) in the barn or sometimes Mom had some in the house. I trimmed plastic for a while and yes Black Ink, Hot (as you can stand it ) water works. I never added anything to it though, thanks for the information.

I use "Original" Udder Balm, made in Des Moines. Like to keep my hand soft enough that my hammer doesn't go flying out of it from being too dry. Another great thing about it is that it doesn't freeze. Maybe it would at -30 or something but it has never frozen in my shop.

I was working a show one time and was having trouble keeping hold of my hammer. Kept putting my hand in the slack tub every couple heats just to keep some traction on the handle. A blacksmith friend stopped by to see me working and asked "Do you have any chapstik? Put a little on your handle and it will fix you right up." I did and I did and he was right. Worked like a charm.

I have been having some health problems that have a side effect of dry skin. My Dr. recomended Eucerin. Being a cheapscape I bought a tub of the "Equate" brand generic equivalent at Wally World. The Eucerin was $13 and the generic was $4 for a failry large tub.

It has worked very well suprising me. I have put it on very dry and pealing skin and in 24 hours my skin clear with no sign of dry skin. I am sold on it and better yet it is cheap.

Bag balm is the best stuff I have ever found for sore chapped hands. Your local feed store will have it.
Finnr

agreed,

Ive worked as a stone mason and they all use bag balm
lime sucks the moisture out of your hands faster than anything else I can think of

when I develop a crack in my hands I trim back the hard edge a bit and wrap the area with a bandaid or tape and a spot of bag balm

• 2 weeks later...
I have been having some health problems that have a side effect of dry skin. My Dr. recomended Eucerin. Being a cheapscape I bought a tub of the "Equate" brand generic equivalent at Wally World. The Eucerin was $13 and the generic was $4 for a failry large tub.

It has worked very well suprising me. I have put it on very dry and pealing skin and in 24 hours my skin clear with no sign of dry skin. I am sold on it and better yet it is cheap.

As much as I hate the wally world takeover of American merchandising, their Equate brand products are quite good. Usually a ingredient comparison is identical to the name brand, and you can always buy the Equate brand in the regular store cheaper than the name brands at their Sam's Club.

I Use Two Types Of Hand Treatment
Both Of Them Are Superb Treatment And U Donot Have To Do It Dayly Every Two- Three Days Apart Is Good Enough.
1 '' Neutrogena Hand Cream''
2 '' Bud Wheat'' Oil A Very Natueral Product
Put On The Hands And Rubb In Only After I Finished My Wasahing And The Dish Washing Which Is My Tusk In The Family Mainly Before I Go To Sleep.
Hofi