I Forge Iron

Great Rivet Collection

sometime ago I got a whole pallet of rivets for 18 dollars, I finally got the collection into my new pole barn, so many different sizes and types, I gotta think up a project just to make something out of them. If you have a specific project that needs rivets, I may have what you need.

post-4158-0-86331300-1387735591_thumb.jp

post-4158-0-91236400-1387735620_thumb.jp

post-4158-0-52684000-1387735657_thumb.jp

Wow, nice.

I could have killed one of my customers who dumped a ton of rivets for  scrap because they were "slightly rusty" when he cleaned out his fathers garage. I managed to get a small box that he missed that was sitting on the pile to go with the 3 or 4th load of old tools and junk to the scrapper. He said he had just dumped a couple 5 gallon buckets full on the last trip. I'm betting all the rivet sets and other tools to work with them went before I saw the stuff since he didn't have a clue what they were for.

I suspect a licensed therapist might find something a little odd about someone with a rivet collection…...

I though Blacksmiths just compensated for those feelings of inadequacy by just buying bigger anvils!   :P