I Forge Iron

Getting a Little Giant 25# - how to get it into the pickup?

"Can I lay it on its side and use a 1-ton shop crane ?  Help?"

Yes you can....   A 25# Little Giant only weighs about 750 pounds.   Also...  Put a junk tire under the business end when you do.   And don't forget to strap it down somehow.  You may want to remove the motor and linkage.

Here is the hammer. He said the arms need some work and maybe bearings poured.
Does $850 make this a good deal. He says it does run. I will check that tomorrow.

Looking forward to this...
I will ask about anyone having a tractor or something.

Thanks
Larry

post-20811-0-50621900-1362282411_thumb.j

Yes, $850 is a good deal for a working LG.  It is hard for me to tell by the photo, but you may have to spend a few dollars to get it running properly.  New parts can add up, along with a new motor.  See if you can get a stamped number on the side of the hammer and Sid at little giant will give you some good info on that specific hammer.  Bearings can be a big deal if your not familiar with poring babbitt bearings and don't have the tools needed.  Good luck.  

I've talked myself out of it.

I have enough money for a tire hammer and am waiting for a group in Arkansas or Missouri (or both) to have a build.

I started looking at parts and prices and feel that I would rather be able to replace parts cheaper if the tire hammer needs parts.

Thanks for the info though folks!

it will probably get cleaned up and resold for twice that

4-5 times most likely...

I've talked myself out of it.

I have enough money for a tire hammer and am waiting for a group in Arkansas or Missouri (or both) to have a build.

I started looking at parts and prices and feel that I would rather be able to replace parts cheaper if the tire hammer needs parts.

Thanks for the info though folks!

Bummer! You just don't find them that cheap any more.