I Forge Iron

Rebuilt Kershaw

BM454

I had a new Kershaw Leek that the wife washed and ran through the dryer. Well when I found it it was open and the tip had been broken. My fault for not taking it out of my pants but, I still had a new broken knife. Anyway I took the time to make a pattern welded blade for it. It took me several hours to make the blade. Took me longer to shape and fine tune it but, it works flawlessly. I know this is not the first one ever been done nor will it be the last but, it's the first folding knife I've worked on and it turned out pretty well. The grinding is not perfect but, I'm very happy with it. Not to bad for my first.

Hope you enjoy.

post-13863-0-08961400-1343271973_thumb.j

post-13863-0-07114500-1343272037_thumb.j

• 3 months later...

I've held that knife. We were at the Choo Choo Forge when I first saw it. It is a great well made blade and he made it fit like it was factory stamped. I was going to throw away an old folder of mine. Not any more. I'll just wait until he's done with the damascus billet he's got in his truck and "borrow" a piece. Shhhh. :-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Not that the pattern welded isn't better, but for those not in the know, Kershaw has an outstanding warranty program.  If anything on the knife breaks, just send it back to them to have it repaired/replaced.  The warranty does not however cover things like broken tips or chipped blades.  Kershaw charges US$10 to replace broken blades.

BM454 I am an avid fan of the leek and have a composite and damascus version myself (both made by kershaw not me)  Fantastic fix there. Aside from the edge profile it looks almost exactly like mine. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

im glad this cycled back to the top, I have recently become a fan of the Leek, and now that I know what it is I am seeing it EVERYWHERE!  That is a very fine replacement blade you made and certainly an EDC to be proud of!  you have set the bar pretty high with that :)

• 4 months later...

I have one of these that got ran over. (Mistakenly left it on the hood of the truck and took off). Kershaw has very good service, and sent me all the small parts that were missing. Minus blade and scales of course. I like the damascus, fine knife ya got there. Unique too!