I Forge Iron

the smithy plan

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can you tell me about your soldering iron heater?  Been wanting for years.  I have a 3 burner Majestic and wondering  if I used 1 burner if I could cut the heat down low enough to not over heat my soldering irons?  It has the side door as well as end doors.  I also have a infra-red temperature sensor to measure temperature.  How much temperatere do I need to heat soldering irons?  Thank you for any further information you can provide.   Armand

its just a little shack, not much money in it... i do put a lot of time and love in it though, and it works grate ! yes more space would be nice , and no i cant make big gates inside it , but its a nice space to work.....and i have people stop and ask to watch me working with the doors open ! lol....they say it looks like a museum piece.. i think it looks like a cheep shack shop....lol..

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Put in a new 400 champion blower, nothing wrong with the old Buffalo but the 400 puts out more air . Shops been doing very well, I would have like to se t up a little different now that I'm a little more seasoned and also I'm giving more classes than anything else so a 2 Bay would have been ideal still might do that so stay tuned...

post-25771-0-90425100-1385942695_thumb.j

post-25771-0-26693600-1385943026_thumb.j

post-25771-0-58788200-1385943088_thumb.j

post-25771-0-77534600-1385943190_thumb.j

post-25771-0-19679000-1385943317_thumb.j

post-25771-0-37935800-1385943347_thumb.j

The shop looks great!! I am in the process of improving/setting up what little shop I currently have. I do have one question for you though, What kind of forge is the round forge that I saw in one of the pictures, the one with the gears under it. I just recently picked one up at an auction the other weekend. It is not complete and not in the best shape but I only paid $7 for it.

That forge is sold now . There was no markings on it either so I never knew what the maker was . Was very nice though plenty of power and heat . I now have a buffalo hand cranked rivet Forge . Looking back I should have kept that hand pump 1 for the demos just because it was neatier looking

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...