I Forge Iron

velveeta cheese blacksmith tv ad

I just witnessed a dip-sticky ad of a supposed blacksmith holding a really hot horseshoe in his hand and tapping it in midair with his hammer. He then turns to his
"shop stove" (no anvil) where cheese, ground beef, and macaroni are cooking away. He says that he likes to make skillets. A real non sequitur, which can be found on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaaU1HZsQuE&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Notice that Mr. Blacksmith is holding one side of the hot horse shoe and hits it with the hammer, next frame he is holding the horse shoe by the toe with both ends yellow hot.

I love the comment on the bottom, "Just add ground beef, apprentice," so what their showing in the skillet isn't even what comes in the box. I am also trying to figure out what the leather bracelets and second set of straps, are for. Then again it makes a s much as the trhee sets of hands in this video eddition.
http://youtu.be/ANljAR-owjA
So far I have found three with this guy, 2 mentioning or showing horse shoes, and a couple with links to actuall forging videos.

What *you* *don't*? Next you will be telling us you don't have minions! My wife says I have a "harem of anvils" too....

More impressive is that nice clean white shirt in a smithy!

I was recently reading Labyrinth and in it one of the main characters of the medieval section hands her sword to a farrier's apprentice and he sharpens it by reforging it with the hilt on and in just minutes as she is sneaking out of the castle and needs to leave in a hurry----I felt like the "best selling author" did her medieval blacksmithing research by watching Pirates of the Caribbean The spinning research was equally bad as it had her using a treadle spinning wheel with a bobbin several centuries ahead of time---like George Washington crossing the Delaware in a Huey Helicopter!

Ok guys, some of you are getting too upset about the lack of realism of these commercials. Just realize this is how MANLY the world looks at us. Can we help it if they are just so impressed and intimidated that they create these myths about us? Accept it for what it is, a very strong crush on our masculine skills.
:rolleyes::D:lol::rolleyes::D:lol: :rolleyes: