I Forge Iron

9 years old Blacksmith project

• 6 months later...

Oh, now he's raised the hook standard. I guess all of us are going to have to do a little better than a plain old S-hook in the future. ;) Keep up the good work.

I originally thought the thread was for a project that was nine years old, not the smith.

Wish I could do that well, nice design, CUDOS to you dad, that time spent with the little fellow will be embedded in his mind, keep up with that quality time and he'll do fine in this art as well as in life. Very nice to see dads working and teaching their children, and, hello from east central Alabama.

That's great! Love the hook. My 7 year old smithing son says to say hi to your 9yo from Bristol, Vermont, USA. I may just be seeing what I want to but I love the way kids around blacksmithing seem to be more aware of the way things work. Here's a vid of Alex making twisties.

• 2 weeks later...

My 9 year old son works in the shop with me too.. Ya cant ever replace those moments, cherish them, he will remember them forever and be telling the stories to his kids some day. Tell him Howdy from California.

• 3 months later...