I Forge Iron

Anyone interested in 450lb Fisher?

I have an 800 lb Fisher anvil in almost mint condition in the collection. They advertised that they made a 1000 lb model, but I have never heard of one existing.

My collection is missing the 600 and 700 lb anvils. My quest.

I have seen and photographed the 1400 lb Fisher. It is in the NJ State Museum. I am attempting to borrow it and bring it to ABANA shows and other events. It will be a long and maybe impossible task to get it out(given the budget problems in NJ now). The museum system might be taken over by Rutgers University. Who knows what would happen to the anvil then.

BYW, the 1400 lb anvil is almost 60" long, and almost 24" tall. Massive.

• 2 weeks later...

What the xxxx does need have to do with it.

Wow that's a pretty drastic form of censorship. It Makes me wonder if I want to contribute anymore.

IForgeIron is a family forum. I simply edited your post and X-ed out the inappropriate language, per the site guide lines.

Congratulations, it looks like a nice anvil.

I have never been in any situation where using that word was a problem. Honestly my feelings were hurt slightly and made to fell like a child because the statement was made in an effort to be humorous. I have a lot to add to site as I have been blacksmithing for 17 years 15 years of that professionaly. It could be because I am an atheist and I'm from NY where harsh language is the norm. I was raised Catholic and went to catholic school and taught this was only a problem when one was damming on to xxxx. What sort person and under what context would this word be offensive? This is a serious question and I am not mocking your authority. It could just be a cultural difference I guess.

Well Southy,His shop,his rules.
It doesn`t have to make sense it just is.

Luckily Glen is one of those folks who can be influenced to reconsider SOME things.I get the feeling coarse language is not one of them.
We`ll have to save talking like blacksmiths for when we all get together in the flesh.Till then I look at this as a way to expand my vocabulary and communication abilities.
Trust me,if you`re looking forward to hearing me talk like this in person you`re going to be disappointed.Most posts go thru at least 3 passes at preview before the post button is hit and even then I have to edit frequently.
The air may turn blue around MY screen but things are calm and sedate when when it arrives at your place.
Ho hum.The price of continued admission. <_<

I have seen several of thinly veiled references to sexual acts and drug use on this site these statements were not removed or edited . What I said was fairy mild. I just guess I need some clarification here? I understand he sets the rules I just I am looking for the logic here.

There are many places where even mild cursing can get you terminated from a job. I work for the state, and you really have to watch what you say because being offended is up to the recipient of the language, regardless of your intent as the deliverer. Sad, but true. How's the anvil?

Mark

There are many places where even mild cursing can get you terminated from a job. I work for the state, and you really have to watch what you say because being offended is up to the recipient of the language, regardless of your intent as the deliverer. Sad, but true. How's the anvil?

Mark

Probably why I work for my self.

The anvil is amazing BTW. It has good sharp edges and good rebound. It will need to be wire brushed or sand blasted as it has a good coat of rust and flaking paint. It has some torch gouging here and there though. I would like to find what person decided that an anvil was a good stand for torch cutting and hop in a time machine and make sure they never got born and spread that mind virus . I have seen more beautiful anvils messed up by people using them as stands to cut on. I have a basicly unused 222 hay budden with about 25%of the horn just cut off. I gave up a sunny beautiful Saturday and 125$ in gas to get it that I should have spent kayaking. John the guy who sold it to me has a amazing junk garden by the way and lots of old rusty machines he is selling cheep. He probably has 500 tuns of old iron in his yard no other anvils though. I also picked up a small fisher type rectangular saw makers anvil It was sitting on top of a pile of scrap iron mistaken for a cast iron weight It weighs 55 lbs I paid 40 bucks for it. I few people called him up and tried to chew him down on price after I made the deal. They complained that because of the chipping paint it was worth less money. We laughed about that. That anvil was a real deal. I will post pictures as soon as I get it cleaned up.

I have seen several of thinly veiled references to sexual acts and drug use on this site these statements were not removed or edited.

To report any post that is inappropriate or a concern to you, go to the bottom left of any post and click on the triangle. This will send a report to all moderators and admins who will look into the problem.

I just guess I need some clarification here? I understand he sets the rules I just I am looking for the logic here.

IForgeIron is a family forum visited by over 50 world wide countries each month. It is a comfortable place to visit and learn about blacksmithing and metalworking. It is a place where your spouse, your children, and your grandchildren can read over your shoulder.

English is difficult enough as a first language. Different countries and cultures have different rules for social exchange. This makes communication difficult under the best of conditions. The guide lines of no fussing, no cussing, no personal attacks, (and please stay away from religion and politics) keeps IForgeIron a family forum, and a comfortable place to visit and learn about blacksmithing. It does not interfere with the exchange of information, but makes that exchange much easier to understand by the viewer, no matter where they live.