I Forge Iron

Off To War

HWHII

I just said good bye to my oldest son as he leaves for Kandahar, Afganistan. :( His name is Jason and is with the 1st Marine Divison LARV. I ask that you please pray for him and all other men and women in harms way so they may safely return to there loved ones. Thank you all!

Harold

I completely understand how you feel.I never gave much thought to how my wife must have felt when I came down on orders to ship out till I had to deal with my son who was a medic in the 13th Airborne receiving his orders to deploy to the big sand box.
Your son will be added to the list,as are all our brave troops over there.

I understand what you are going through. Our Son Jim has been in Kandahar for about 11 months now. He visits the site occasionally as SoldierSpud. He is a machinist there and should be back in Anchorage no later than May 29th. We will continue to keep them and all who put themselves in harms way for our safety in our prayers.
Jerry

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Your son and your family are in our prayers. Our son returned from a tour in Iraq this past spring. I pray for his safety and your peace of mind. Thank you for raising a son who is willing to serve our country. God bless you all.

Thanks for your prayers! 90 more days there about and he will be out of there.

God's speed your son's safe return. I had the fortune of spending a year in Iraq back in 2004/2005. Many of my compatriots from that adventure are now over in Afghanistan and several other friends of mine have done two or three deployments....and they are all in the National Guard not active duty. I will add you son to the prayer list for a safe return.

God's speed your son's safe return. I had the fortune of spending a year in Iraq back in 2004/2005. Many of my compatriots from that adventure are now over in Afghanistan and several other friends of mine have done two or three deployments....and they are all in the National Guard not active duty. I will add you son to the prayer list for a safe return.

Thank you for your prayers and your service!

Now I'm feeling like I've let my pack down by not checking the whole forum for new posts. These are important ones too. I'm still getting my comp squared away since it crashed. Subbing to this and other threads.

I missed when Jason was deployed. He's on the list here along with Jim and all the others in harm's way.

My humble thanks to all who serve, now, before and in the future.

Frosty the Lucky.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...