I Forge Iron

Great Grandma's rolling pin

This weekend I made a holder for my great grandmother's rolling pin. It was passed to my mother who gave it to my wife a couple years ago. It has been retired after a countless number of pie crusts, and now has a place of proinance in our kitchen. I never knew her but hope she would have liked it. It didn't turn out as well a I would have liked, but that is where my skill level is right now.post-6008-1266890422967_thumb.jpg

It didn't turn out as well a I would have liked, but that is where my skill level is right now.

I think it looks real nice! We are always our own worst critics :P . It's great that you're holding onto this piece of family history - too many people these days don't see the intrinsic value in things like this.

its a bugger..progress...as i have improved and learned little tricks my work is different now than it was...so I have things hanging all over the place. I walk past a coat hanger I made right in the begining...HA everytime I walk past it I cringe and promise myself I will make a newer one...with improvements...maybe today...ha

This weekend I made a holder for my great grandmother's rolling pin. It was passed to my mother who gave it to my wife a couple years ago. It has been retired after a countless number of pie crusts, and now has a place of proinance in our kitchen. I never knew her but hope she would have liked it. It didn't turn out as well a I would have liked, but that is where my skill level is right now.post-6008-1266890422967_thumb.jpg

Looks good to me. Great job.

I like it Steve and think your grandmother would only be happier if it was still in use. I think my sister has our grandmother and mother's rolling pins. They had their favorites and probably would've liked a holder for them. Sure wish I'd thought of it back then.

Well done,
Frosty the Lucky