I Forge Iron

Space Rock blade

Steve Sells

I had not thought of that, Since I replace my 14 inch chop saw blades when they get too small, I have a free source of those blades for the table saw as I replace them when they are about 6 or 7 inches, and that's the size this Old Craftsmen table saw ($20 at yard sale last summer) uses.

not only will that assist the angles, but depth as well Frosty is da Man !

Edited by steve sells

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw Pshaw. . . Credit Alexander Weygers for the general idea, I just tweaked it a mite.

Just be aware the motor isn't going to like the abrasive dust much so expect it to die sooner than normal.

Frosty

Steve,
How do you establish the provenance for the origin of the nickel in the blade? Since meteoric origins are highly unique the blade should command a premium price just to offset the cost of raw materials. The skillful incorporation of celestial materials should add even more but how do you prove it is of celestial origins?

Beautiful blade- made that much more interesting knowing the origins of the material. I have been watching this thread intently- It is a subject that I am very interested in! We tried to find someone to make Damascus wedding bands w/meteorite, with no luck... I'd have rather had a knife, though :)

-Andrew

Steve,
How do you establish the provenance for the origin of the nickel in the blade? Since meteoric origins are highly unique the blade should command a premium price just to offset the cost of raw materials. The skillful incorporation of celestial materials should add even more but how do you prove it is of celestial origins?

That is a good question. The thought that occurs to me immediately is to polish a left over piece and place it in a setting in the pommel. But without an analyis of a "certified third party" to compaire it to some of the orignal we have to rely on Steve's reputation for impeccable honesty.