I Forge Iron

$5,000 pair of tongs!

From the pictures, it appears that whoever made them, and whoever used them took their business quite seriously........They are quite well crafted.

I would imagine this is going to start a new trend in tong making........scarey faces and sharp teeth.

I wonder if I could make tongs that look like 'Bullwinkle' ?
That would be more my style....:)

I agree James, they're very well made but it's what I'd expect for the age.

Elmer Roush chases faces in some of his tools, Lorelei Sims is using one of his on the cover of her book in fact, you can see the eyes and eyebrows.

Frosty

we could make them and not tell anyone anything about them and they would asume they were that old cause they were made by a blacksmith and you get some one say they found them in old barn (so you find an old barn throw them in there and have your freind go in pick them up and wala they were in an old barn ) or some other old place then sell them

I'm not sure I understand the rationale of the menacing face chased onto the device; was the smith concerned that the tongs weren't quite intimidating enough as-is (what with the sharp points and edges 'n all), and those mean, beady eyes just pushed it right over the top?

Part of the official method of inquisitional interrogations is that first you ask; then you threaten with torture and ask, then you take them to the place and show them the implements and ask and then you torture and ask. Any confession made under torture must be validated later too. (I read the book).

Part of the official method of inquisitional interrogations is that first you ask; then you threaten with torture and ask, then you take them to the place and show them the implements and ask and then you torture and ask. Any confession made under torture must be validated later too. (I read the book).

The bit with the pain is the 'third degree'.