I Forge Iron

Embarressing Moments

No Jeff you aren't unique. Were they good dog treats?

Both Deb and I have fallen asleep publicly but it was the DMV office waiting to renew our licenses to the new ID card ones. We stopped waking each other up lots of people were sleeping, snoring and drooling. Just another day at the DMV. 

I've dozed behind the wheel a couple times, thankfully not alone. If I'm going to be driving more than a couple miles I don't eat for a couple hours before.

If a front seat passenger falls asleep find a BIG truck parked somewhere and stop facing the grill close and scream:o. Yeah it's mean but you NEED someone to help keep you awake, anyway. Right?

Frosty The Lucky.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Frosty said:

If a front seat passenger falls asleep find a BIG truck parked somewhere and stop facing the grill close and scream.

I don't think I could do that Im to quiet quiet.

No the dog treats I tried tasted like cardboard.

I have fallen asleep in public a number of times, that was just the most recent.

Good Morning,

Frosty; I can appreciate the humour in that jesture. I think a person would need a change of Pants!!

I was road testing a customers car, one day.  The customer decided he wanted to come along. He wouldn't quit talking, as I was trying to listen to the car, I was also trying to center the Steering Wheel. After a bit, I figured he needed to be in control, so I passed him the Steering Wheel and said "here, You drive" while going about 30MPH. Funny how the return trip was quiet!! LOL

Neil

We used to do that sort of thing to each other whenever possible, since high school. I don't think any of us have felt the need for a change of pants since.

Try Milk Bone Jeff, they still taste okay, even old and stale. I don't believe they have meat fats or byproducts in them, just milk and cereal. 

When I twisted wrenches for a living we told "ride along" customers our insurance wouldn't cover us if they did and said, "Sorry, NO." We adopted the "rule" for just the reason you describe. It's like the person who asks a question and over the answer. 

Frosty The Lucky.

swede, reminds me of a joke a friend of my pulled on the autobahn. He had an english mercedes, so steeringwheel on the right side and he had an extra steering wheel in the car. 

When I was driving his car, he took the extra wheel in his hands, in such a way it looks like he was steering the car. When another friend passes he waves and than throw the wheel on the back seats. Very funny to see the reaction, even they know the car is from the UK (also had uk plates).

Somebody I used to work with thought our dumpster was stolen once.

He was dumping trash from a box truck and had to leave it for a few minutes, I moved the truck to get something else around. When he came back he was on his phone and got into the back of the truck and thought sombody stole our dumpster.:lol:

Yesterday I installed an electric fence around my sisters garden to keep deer and smaller critters out.  She wisely warned me to let her know before I hooked it up to the battery and 5 minutes later I forgot and made the connection and heard high pitch "yeowch" and some other words.  There are other emotions that accompany embarrassment, like fear of her with a hoe in her hand and I must admit a little humour....:)  Earlier we were all joking about who would "test" it.  Before I left I did make her a little "tester" from a small plastic post with a piece of wire wrapped around the end and two prongs sticking out to hold against the wire and close to a fence  post.  You can see the arc and hear the snapping noise. 

That reminds me of the time just before I graduated from high school when I slashed my left palm rather badly with a woodcarving knife. Apparently, the area below the base of the thumb is very hard to anaesthetize (lots of different nerves crossing and recrossing), so they had to use an entire bottle of novocaine to numb it before stitching it up, and even that was inadequate to the task.

Which wouldn't have been so bad in itself, except that the doctor who sewed up my hand was REALLY cute, and I was trying to be all stoic and manly in an utterly vain attempt to impress her with my stoic manliness. Ah, youth....

Epicureanism? Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

At one time I had the palate of a gourmet but first the TBI, then the shingles have changed how things smell and taste. I used to be able to tell you what was in a dish and in close quantities with a taste. No longer though, if I aspired to something kitchen-like it'd have to be gourmand-ish. I expected my sense of taste and smell to fade with age but to have all that glorious sensitivity just switch off? <sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.

• 9 months later...

When i was a kid my parents and i took a vacation where we stayed in a pretty fancy hotel. Complete with bellhops. We get to the room, the guy is setting our luggage down an i see the balcony. First time i had been near one. I was excited to see it and and in my glee went "Oh look a balcony" and rushed out to stand on it. As you may have guessed i rushed right into the closed glass door. 

I think the bellhop may have forgone his tip over that.