• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my father in law is an enabler he found me a Johnson Gas Appliance model 133 trough forge its rated at 400,000. BTUs per hour for 40$ nearly 8k new. I need to convert it to propane, and have a job big enough to warrent it, and a tank big enough it won't freeze up in a couple hours... :-) but very nice if you ned ti feed a power hammer :-)

Nice score Finn, till you try feeding the beast anyway.

I have a 133A I've never hooked up. I have thought about using a layer of insulating refractory under a layer of high temp hard refractory and see if I could get the heat and economy up.

If I only had something needing that kind of heat.

Frosty
GCOA

Saw a house being cleaned out (how someone lived it that mess I'll never know!) and there was a welded steel truck rack, a large O2 cylinder, and an old acetylene cylinder lying outside in the junk pile.....

Wrote a note with my name,phone number, and what I was interested in and tied it to the trash trailer parked out front.....

Got all three for $40, O2 tank was swapped this morning for a full one (BTW - was originally made in 1917!), acetylene tank will get scrapped (ICC8-style, not made anymore, made in 1946), and the rack only needs minor adjustments to fit my truck.....

Any ideas on uses for the acetylene tank?

MooseRidge

this fallowed me home this morning, sadly 325$ stayed. bought from a family friend, be used no more that 10 hours! just need to buy a argon/co2 bottle. i set it on top of my old thunderbolt stick welder, any reason that it would be bad to stack one welder on top of another?
millermatic2.JPG millermatic.JPG

Edited by Mlmartin15

I picked up a super nice cole drill at the Las Cruces NM flea market Saturday; also a couple of ballpeins of intermediate size for hawk-making, a wooden icecream maker bucket and a socket chisel. Spent a total of US$15.50 and was quite happy---the cole drill had the original V block for it's "table", ratchet handle, 0-1/2" jacobs chuck and in great shape, I'd guess it was used for only 1 job and then spent a few years in the back of a shop gathering dust...

Frosty; now try that with the leaf spring still on the truck and that 20 miles from the nearest electrical outlet. The cole drill lets you drill fairly major holes in place and without electricity---think of it as a "poor mans mag drill" One of the more common uses is drilling into tempered truck frames, something it's a bit hard to put on the drillpress or to do with a hand drill without a lot of hassle say for a 3/4" hole.

AppMan; Sorry I have 2 daughters and so have to have 2 of everything so they can each get a full set when I'm gone...Of course *both* of them are unmarried...in college too.....

Mechanic ask if I wanted some *special* leaf spring steel. Well, not sure what the special part was but yes. Seems there was not one unbroken spring in the assemble. So it would not fall apart the owner of the vehicle used the *special* leaf spring tape to hold it all together. Gotta get some of that tape.