• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This followed me home this afternoon. Saw a yard sale sign painted on plywood pointing to an older neighborhood so figured I'd take a look.

WooHoo! 9" Milwakee AC/DC slowstart $60. Darned good pickens around here.

Frosty

6415.attach

Picked this up from an older Gentleman today who didn't need it anymore. Said he forgot to put it in the auction when they moved to town last year. Been sitting in an empty machine shed ever since.
It's a 165# Peter Wright. The edges are worn and it was rusty from sitting outside. I cleaned it up when I got it home with a wire brush and a 4 1/2" grinder.
All the gentlemen wanted for it was 60$. Said thats what he gave for it when he bought it at a farm sale years ago. I paid him and thanked him over and over again.
Also went to a flea market Saturday and got 21 good heavy "Williams" C-Clamps for 65$. I wish I had weekends like this more often:)

John

6456.attach

6457.attach

6458.attach

6459.attach

That is an awesome anvil you scored there, John. By my calculations, that only works out to $.36/pound, far below what the "flea market tool experts" I encounter that decree "They go for $1.00 a pound, not a penny less".

Looks nice, too. I didn't see that much damage around the edges, but that is subjective to who's using it.

Find any more like that, I wan't first dibs.:D

That is an awesome anvil you scored there, John. By my calculations, that only works out to $.36/pound, far below what the "flea market tool experts" I encounter that decree "They go for $1.00 a pound, not a penny less".

LOL, your flea market experts are more sensible than mine. :o They often want $2 a pound around here, they also seem to think the more battered it is the more its worth :rolleyes:

This batch of loot followed me home over the last couple days.

I already posted a pic of the Milwakee 9" AC/DC slowstart grinder I picked up for $60. That was Friday.

Saturday Deb collected some fairly nice drawers and a corner table for $10. I picked up the little wheeled cart under the grinder for $5. It's now the mobile home of my little mig welder and tank.

It doesn't show too well in the pic but it's really a cheesy piece of rolling stock but it's sound, was made for a mig, mine fits perfectly (almost) and best of all I didn't have to build it myself.

The 6" Delta bench grinder came to me on Sunday for $15. It's tight, runs smooth and the light bulb even works. Heck, the wheels are original equipment and the corners are barely rounded off.

The second pic is from a Saturday yard sale. Boxes of pegboard hangers from a retail store. I didn't get the plastic shelves in the pic but there are about 30 of them plus some plastic picture holders like you see with sale signs or product descriptions, info, etc. in them.

This stuff was on the FREE pallet!

The reason I was holding off hanging pegboard was the price of hangers, now I have several hundred for my favorite price.

The last pic is Gypsy and her new twins, one doeling and one buckling. It took another vet visit to pull the buckling but everybody's healthy and vigorous.

Been a good weekend.

Frosty

6477.attach

6478.attach

6479.attach

This chunk of steel, 48" x 48" x 3 1/4" jumped onto my trailer while I was at a steel recycling yard a few weeks ago. After I make a base for it, I suspect it will serve me well as a stationary table.

6486.attach

Edited by djhammerd

This morning one of my salesmen comes up to me and says, "Got something in my truck for you. If you don't want it, it's going to the dump."
Well, I walked out to his truck and could not believe my eyes.
It was a MIGHTY MITE FPH model 525! (FPH stands for FOOT POWERED HAMMER)
At least thats what the decal on the front said to me.
The main tubes are 4x4 1/8, and 6 foot long.
Of course some parts are missing, but I am certain I can make them.
It now sits in my shop waiting for a ground up restoration.

6504.attach

rlarkin, I can see it, too, all I had to do was squint. In all my country scrounging voyages, I alway found exercise machines tossed with (w)reckless abandon. A good source for iron despite that insidious powder coating. Yours appears to be designed with some stout material. I like.