I Forge Iron

Fall 2022 challenge!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Les, I have already drawn up another design - using a bit from Billy Bones' second one & Buzzkill's - to bend the tail back over the shaft. And a narrower blade overall and maybe trying to chisel some scales going down the bevel. I really want to get the dragon sorted. I like how yours had the beard, I think that really sets it apart from looking like any other creature. Then again, I don't really know anyone else that opens mail and likes dragons. Though I doubt my coworker would mind multiples, lol

Thomas, you should start the next challenge! I foresee a great variety of ideas with that one! 

TW, thank you so much for this challenge. It was great seeing the different techniques and styles. Also, that is the cutest Maxasauras Rex. Seeing all the costumes, of all ages, is my favorite part of Halloween. My mom still dresses up every year. I'm 44 and this is the first year that I haven't dressed up. Ashley and I were Yip Yips one year and the next year I was a parrot and she a pirate. I think that was our peak, lol. 

We finally remembered to check the mail today and I opened Billy's card with my letter opener. That's one of the coolest Halloween cards I've seen in I don't know how long. Where did you find a jacko lantern snowman card? It is just TOO COOL! Thank you Billy.

A Christmas ornament eh? . . . Rusty barbed wire?:huh: . . .  Hmmmmm.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks Shaina

he was hilarious walking around downtown with that tail wagging behind him stomping and roaring lol,

Jerry,

Glad you liked it!

I found a set of Halloween cards with 10 different designs on them online so I ordered a few sets so I’d have enough to send everyone,

as well as the skull an cross bones stamp an red letter wax, I thought that would look cool on Halloween cards!

thought about usin black envelopes too but I don’t know how the post office people could read the addresses

I'm pleased to report my letter opener didn't damage the seal so I have another souvenir. 

It just occurred to me Max would make a great elf.  Just imagine how walking in the pointy slippers would improve his coordination!

Frosty The Lucky.