I Forge Iron

BBQ Smoker

Hardboiled eggs make a satisfying noise when I use them for targets for my .25 air rifle. It's almost cringe inducing. When I hit them with my .45 air rifle they don't have the same wet slap they just disappear. 

Pnut

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

600 lbs. and TASTY or you're doing it wrong.

Ferals weren't a thing when I was a kid and I've only been javelina thinning twice back when. Even at 600lbs. I don't know if my hunting rifle wouldn't be too much gun, it is a wicked hard hitter. 

Frosty The Lucky.

We used to shoot rat's at the dump when I was a kid with 22's but there was an older fellow that brought a 12 guage on occassion.  Just when he dumped his weekly load.  It facinated us how much more destruction that gun could do than our pea-shooters.  Oh, how he used to shred bags of garbage, rat's and other fun targets.  We developed a raport and he showed us how shotguns worked.   Our little dump was out in the middle of nowhere and nobody cared what went on out there.    Some people used it as a testing ground for homemade bombs, which I won't go into.  One time it caught fire, then came the attendant.  No more fun.... :angry:

6 hours ago, Steve Sells said:

my leg made squishy sounds when I was shot  by a Beman air rifle too

I have an old Beeman Rs2 that I dug out of the storage unit sitting right next to me. It's still a hard hitter after years of use. I have a .22 and .177 Lothar Walther barrel set for it as well. They need some cleaning up though. They've rusted a bit in storage. 

Pnut

I like the AK for hogs. Ballistics comparable to the .30-30, with 30 rounds on tap. Usually only need one with proper shot placement, but then there’s the other hogs you DIDN’T see in the thicket that are suddenly very agitated. 

Years ago Louisiana had absolute open season on feral hogs and nutria. No limit, no license needed, can shoot them from the road, no problem. I believe there’s still no limit on both, but I’m glad they started requiring a hunting license and shut down the roadside shooting. 
Nutria are good eats by the way. Just a big ole swamp rat that eats away the root systems of our native wetland plants. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Masterbuilt gravity series 550. It's practically similar to a cross between a ( commercial link removed)and charcoal barbecue. There's a container as an afterthought that holds the charcoal, and a blower that blows the hotness and smoke into the cooking chamber.

Edited by Mod30
Commercial link removed

That’s what I’ve got. Thought about going to the bigger one, but the 550 can hold three racks of ribs and two brisket. I really don’t need more than that. I originally opted for the smaller one because I thought the lid would be easier for my wife to lift. She still can’t lift it, and I’ve discovered the size is just right so it’s no matter. 

Don’t know how long you’ve had yours, but please please please scrape the grease out of the bottom. Even though it’s designed to flow to the drip tray, it can build up and catch fire. I learned this the hard way when the portal to Satan’s lair suddenly appeared on my back patio. Fire extinguisher, pressure washer, good as new.