I Forge Iron

BBQ Smoker

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there was this feast and we had DOZENS of leftover hardboiled eggs; *after* we gave away as many as we could....and we were going out in the woods shooting and I had been invited to take the cannon, (I had two named Vox Populi and Vox Dei)....

It seemed like a good idea at the time...

As a smoothbore, we removed the breech and ran the oversized steel bore brush through using a 1/2" drill and pouring buckets of rig wash through until it was *shiny*.

The smell of vaporized egg plating the barrel innerds was most amusing.

Good grief, the largest rifle I've ever shot a javalena with was an M1-carbine, 0.30 cal. pistol ammo. Dad hit one with his 8mm Mauser and darned near cut it in half. Non were very large, maybe 150lbs. for the largest taken in the hunt.

Were they a problem here I'd put up motion activated lights and an alarm.  I have an appropriate rifle to apply a little permanent deterrence. The couple times a bear has come snooping around, the Great Pyrenees Mountain Dog Buran, Buran ran it off easily enough, he growled. The second time we were between LGDs and I had to shout at it. 

Moose are much harder to run  off and THE most dangerous animal in Alaska. Stupid giant deer kill and injure more people than all the other animals in the state put together.

Frosty The Lucky.