rockstar.esq

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Frosty said:

There are LOTS of types of zombie you realize, Yes?

The only zombies I’ve ever saw were hooked on something illegal they made from chemicals they found under their kitchen sink,

elevator music is almost as bad as music in dentist offices but not as bad as the music on the banks 20 minute wait holding line :lol:

One of the things I like about English is the ability to alter or make words to suit. I'm not a fan of stacking pre or suffixes to sound learned though. "ate" is one of the most abused and "orient" the poor engine pulling the suffix train. Eg, orientated instead of oriented. An engineer geologist I worked with occasionally was terrible about mangling words. One of my favorites was Preorientated. I took that to mean he wasn't a tense guy. 

There was a Fairbanks geologist who used mangled English to mock folks who did it seriously. We use to have a GREAT time working together, he played puns too. Great guy, too bad I only got to work with him on rare occasions.

My little Sister tried out for meth zombie but a number of friends did an intervention by ratting her SO of the time to  the police. Not before he cheated a bunch out of the family though. Conned Dad into willing the house in E. Wenatchee to him, then cleaned out Dad's model RR collection for pawn. 

Once the evil one was gone people were able to get Sis to clean up her act, she's been drug free for about 20 years now. 

It's one of many things living so far from family costs a guy. I was in no position to do  much, the folks wouldn't hear a word of warning about . . . him, Dad was convinced and that's all there was to it.

The Folk's ashes are scattered together in a small clear spot next to the driveway where a Lodge Pole pine sapling is thriving. Pines don't grow here naturally I figured it was perfect. We have a LITTLE of them sharing a small urn on a bookshelf just because.

Hmmmm. Maybe I should forge one elaborate pattern welded sword and specify it be bent and thrown in a bog with my body pinned down under it. I don't THINK there's much Scandinavian in the family but what the hey we don't keep track. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty, two of my favorite non words are "certificated" instead of "certified" and "covenantses" as a plural (double plural?) of "covenant."  The first is common in the public utility area and refers to a certificate of public convenience to serve a particular geographic area.  The 2d was a favorite of a County Commissioner I once had.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

Frosty; I notice you didn't specify "after I'm dead" for that; when's the party?

"Preorientated"  I guess they were too young to know....

If I'm late to work one day of the week a NPR show comes on where their intro is a solid stack of buzz words;  I keep thinking they would be better off with plain English.

What really gets my goat is people redefining words to suit themselves and then trying to force their usage on everyone else. 

George: Is a double plural, singular?:huh:

Oh, certficated. We hearded that one all the time!

I'll admit some justification to abandonded, besides I love the expressions you get when you ask the writer to read it back.

The builder who helped build this house added "ate" to virtually everything, his favorite was, "applicate." We'll applicate the paper before we applicate the siding. Hold on I'm not done applicating the ? Ready, it's applicated now. 

Deb and I never used anything but apply unless necessary. Good old Al never got it. Sooooo, we started adding "ate" and as many other suffixes as we could to everything. I learned you only applicate 3, 8d vinyl, ring shank, nails per 2x6.

Frosty The Lucky.

Daswulf, I like your way of thinking!

Just a one time subscription for the low low price of free! to IFI, and we will throw in… not one… not ten… but twenty!

Yes you heard that right folks! Twenty more topics in this thread! :lol:

personally, I’m holding all my excitement in till we start talking about pet cats on battle ships! 

Well I did have cats that would get up on the wall mounted flat screen, curtain rods and on top of open doors. I'm sure if I had a battle ship they would have been on it too. I do have a picture of a battleship ( the USS South Carolina from 1910. One of the things I inherited from my grandfather) but I think the frame was too narrow for them to get on. 

And Check! Anyone else?

The grammar faux pas that grate me are sell, and sale.  I see so many items listed as Car for sell, or people posting Looking for someone to sale me a couch. Etc.... And it is not an uncommon thing to see. 

I also have some issue with the term dead body... as opposed to what ? a live body? You don't hear A live body was found in the desert today.  Corpse, body, the deceased person, human remains, room temperature human, etc would be more appropriate to me.

And cold bodies for the SO that has to crank the heat way up in the house and sticks their freezing feet on you to warm them up without warning. 

We have some bodies at work. I couldn't say if they are warm or cold since I won't touch them to find out, but they sure don't do much.

20 hours ago, BIGGUNDOCTOR said:

Corpse, body, the deceased person, human remains, room temperature human, etc would be more appropriate to me.

Sure, with which would you like us to refer to you? We're easy.

One that has always bothered me is. Will you borrow me $10?

Oooh and, "gots." You gots $10 you can borrow me?

Aieee, the voices won't stop!!

Frosty The Lucky.