I Forge Iron

Landscape Rock Mover

angiolino

Landscape Rock Mover

Potwheelz-rock-mover1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

hello, sorry if I am disturbing, for some time now I have been cleaning a ground, in doing this I have pulled out and undermined numerous heavy stones from the ground. I would like to collect them and use them to make dry stone walls.
they are very heavy and bulky, I wondered, it is not by chance that you could advise me how to move them. I saw trolleys on the net, but I think they sink in the ground. I can't rent an earth moving machine, using the normal wheelbarrow is uncomfortable. if you could build a suitable trolley with suitable wheels by recycling materials or spending little money thanks to who will provide the right ideas and suggestions thanks

my problem is finding the right wheels, perhaps of scooters or herm-sized tractors, then I have to make the lever of the bench to lift the rocks and stones from the ground and transport them where I should place them. thanks for your suggestions.

Welcome to Flickr!

Rock Dolly Rental – Valley Landscape Center

farm-11.jpg

rock dolly.jpg

You need solid rubber tyres like this one. Industrial type. Do a google search with "La casa delle ruote" 

image.png.46704b32d21662dee232dab27f606281.png

Of course the right tool is a mini tractor like this Toro or Dingo with a grappler, but they don't come cheap. 

image.png.416176b0be99013d0f706ad6c964338d.png

image.png

How many rocks do you have to move? 

Are all rocks about the size you have shown? 

How far are you transporting them, and across what type ground?  

What do you have as a pulling source, men, animals, motorized such as small tractors etc?

All these figure into the answers or suggestions you receive.

I only have a shovel a wheelbarrow a pickaxe as a tool, the smallest stones I moved easily with the wheelbarrow, the heavy ones from 30, 40 50, up to 100 kg I don't have help it's a job I do as a hobby, the mechanical shovel unfortunately, I cannot afford it, otherwise I would have to bring a club and crush the rocks and the big stones an epic effort. the countryside is open I cannot leave expensive equipment they would steal the land it is unattended abandoned the area is desolate. thanks anyway for the right suggestions, I have to adopt the ancient methods of the peasant grandparents, sweat fatigue elbow grease and ingenuity. thanks

lavori-muro-a-secco-cakiSassi pietra muro a sassi facciavista a Bucine - Kijiji: Annunci ...

Maymoni: Pietra su pietra

Stoneboat and rollers was how it used to be done; of course with 1 or more "horse power" or other draft animal.

I have seen improvised ones made from leaf springs with a shaft through the loop on one end and a connection to drag it behind a vehicle. (I have never pulled a trailer with the trailer hitch on my pickup truck; but it has pulled a lot of stuff over the ground behind it!)

• 5 weeks later...

i know im late, but another alternative for the tires would be to remove the valve stems and fill them with expanding spray foam, it will be easier if you lossen the rubber on the rim and put it in through the sides, it will be messy, after it expands and sets cut away the excess and good to go. It makes a rough ride if used for any sort of trailer or ride on equipment, but its a good inexpensive never flat tire for wheel barrows and carts

I have read numerous postings on other forums where folks tried to use the expanding foam in tires...after a while the foam simply starts breaking down and you have a flat tire full of crushed foam.  Like others have posted here, solid is best for heavy loads.  I suppose one could forge steel wheels......rough but sturdy.

I tried the tire foam intended to fill tires for the wheel barrow and it wouldn't support much weight nor did it last. I bought a solid tire with wheel for $12 +/-.

I don't know if either is available in Italy though.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 month later...