I Forge Iron

Apache Bowie

Tim Lively

Welcome aboard Tim, that's a good looking Bowie. As a personal preference, I like the coffin style handles. Wonder if you have read this yet? READ THIS FIRST   It will help in getting the best out of the forum with tips like editing your profile to show your location and many other tips.

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, of course I remember you Bogiron. The days of the Neo Tribal Metalsmiths were a blast. We were the Outlaws of Knifemaking and ruffled a lot of old feathers back then. Now it's a just shadow of what it could of been. Good to see you're still hammerin! Forge On!

There is a lot of modern variations to my Charcoal Burning Washtub Forge design and it's all good. I'm very happy to have been able to contribute to the community. Now I'm just an old xxxx that few remember lol. I'm still hammering though. I live in a 16ft travel trailer and follow the seasons but I have my portable shop that goes everywhere with us. Knives are a great item to barter with on the road. 

Welcome aboard. I'm honored to make your acquaintance. It's pretty cool that the guy who popularized the washtub forge that's a close relative  of the side blast jabod that I'm so fond of is finally a member here. There's been many a beginner blacksmith who without you pointing out that it doesn't take much to build a forge wouldn't have ever gotten into the craft and I thank you. 

That's a mighty nice looking knife too. On my little phone it looked at first glance to be a pattern welded blade  until I magnified it and realized it wasn't.  

Don't be a stranger and welcome aboard. 

Pnut