I Forge Iron

Brian Brazeal classes?

the2ndcashboy

About year ago, I took a class with Alec Steele, he mentions Brian's name often since he studied under him. I asked him about Brian and why doesn't he post more videos and that most of his content is a few years old. Alec thought it might have to do with Brian's age and not being as active. Not sure how accurate that is but it's all I know.

Brian and his brother are in Africa (Kissii in SW Kenya that last time I heard) teaching for the foreseeable future.  He talked about this at the last CBA event I saw him at.
Lyle Wynn has taken up the mantle of Brian's style of teaching, and if you in California, John Williams of Guildwerks has a modified version of Brian's classes.

I took a Brian hammer class in Templeton CA back in 2014. He frequently points out 'you know a 12 year old could do that in a 2 heats!', specifically referencing the Young Smiths that included Alec Steele

• 3 weeks later...

Brian is now in Brazil, just got there a few days ago. He is offering classes, but, in Brazil. Yes, Lyle and Stan do classes, I recommend them, and I will be giving some in the fall, as we have discussed.

Littleblacksmith

Just now, JHCC said:

No, just being brazen.

Not really I was actually gas welding bronze, not brazen it. I'd post pics of the corroboration seax I got from Theo but epoxying the handle on I got some smeared on the blade and saw dust makes it look horribly rusted. I'm saving a final sanding and etching till I'm finished with the epoxy. 

The bronze welding is for the pommel. Yeah, I know POMMEL on a SEAX!?!?:o I put a bronze guard on it too. The guard because I'm not making a knife so easy to slide your fingers down a 12" blade. The pommel because a 12" blade needs some balancing.

Frosty The Lucky.

Yes Brian is in Brazil. You can contact Lyle Wynn on Facebook, let me know if he doesn't respond and I can send you his number.

Littleblacksmith