I Forge Iron

Tempering

Relyks; without more info that question devolves to:  Between -321 degF to 1600 degF for temp and around 10 seconds to 30000 years for time.

YOU give some examples if YOU want specific answers, (and note that's tempering not normalizing, hardening or annealing)  Why should we be GUESSING at what you are trying to do?

23 minutes ago, Relyks13 said:

And it's in General discussion, who cares, I'm new to this site. 

Well instead of wasting my time looking for answers I figure I'd ask

We do not wish to waste YOUR time so we have divided the sire into related sections. Heat treating is one of those sections where you can find discussions on that subject. 

As you are new to the site, please post in the appropriate section.  Otherwise we must move it to the appropriate section for you and that takes OUR time.  We want you to succeed and find the answers to your questions, but you have to try to do a bit of research on your own, like reading the stickies, and reading the sections that contain the answers to your question.

2 hours ago, Relyks13 said:

Well how about some examples? And it's in General discussion, who cares, I'm new to this site

2 hours ago, Relyks13 said:

Well instead of wasting my time looking for answers I figure I'd ask myself

You’ve been a member of this site for five months. In that time, you’ve had every opportunity to look over the site, see how it’s organized, and find the information you want. 

Since you may have missed it when you joined, I strongly recommend that you READ THIS POST before commenting further. 

If you don't care enough to look it up yourself why should WE waste our time? I feel my time is better spent on other things, say making a vacuum chamber to stabilize wood or playing with the new puppy. 

I need to sign off for now anyway, I have a shopping list and seeing as Deb's been requested to help with an AKC sanctioned K-9 Scent work rally I have the whole weekend alone, just Abby dog and I, I can sneak out for soup and sandwich lunch while shopping.

I have much better things to do than look things up for you.

Frosty The Lucky.

22 hours ago, Relyks13 said:

Well instead of wasting my time looking for answers I figure I'd ask myself

I got a few unpleasant PMs from this person as a result of this thread,  so now he is no longer going to be welcome here so it will no longer matter if he researches his answers.