I Forge Iron

Trenton ID help

I'm wondering if this may have been a repaired anvil by Trenton.  Is it  possible to get a better picture of the base underside without such a drastic angle? 

Trenton had some variations in their cast bases aside from the two that are normally seen.

Like looking straight on/down?

The bottom of an anvil can tell a lot about who and when certain anvils were made and sometimes confuse things (for example A&H and Trentons sometimes shared basses when production needs caused a shortage) That's the kind of question that is!  Caplet, Hourglass, Handling hole; lots going on with the bottom of an anvil!

3 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

The bottom of an anvil can tell a lot about who and when certain anvils were made and sometimes confuse things (for example A&H and Trentons sometimes shared basses when production needs caused a shortage) That's the kind of question that is!  Caplet, Hourglass, Handling hole; lots going on with the bottom of an anvil!

Ha ha, gotcha

19 hours ago, Judson Yaggy said:

What is the hollow anvil in the background of one of the photos?  More interesting than just another London pattern IMHO. 

It's actually got a funny history. I got it for free from one of my drivers at the trucking company I work for. His father-in-law was a farrier, so he hollowed it out to make it easier to haul around. It has a perfect face, but it's unbearably loud. To make a long story short, old man bill was shoeing at a stable one day only to find out they were filming a xxxx called "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" he ended up working the whole time they were filming. You can actually hear the anvil in the background during parts. They would always xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx saying he was in a xxxxxx. It was really funny to hear the story from his son in law.