I Forge Iron

looking for trenton 258 information

Thats just a fraction under 2 dollars per pound. It looks like its in pretty nice shape too. Pending a rebound test and thorough inspection for cracks, etc, I would say thats a heck of a deal, and would snatch that right up, were I you. 

Now thats not to say you cant try to offer 450. Haggling is fun! :D

I purchased this anvil earlier this morning and I was wondering if anyone could tell me any information about it. I didn't think to take any more pictures of it while I was at the shop. I looked it over and I did not find any other numbers than the 258 on the side of the anvil and the makers stamp. I have been looking around and I think I read that there may be a number under the feet but I don't relish the idea of moving it again.

thanks guys

On 11/27/2017 at 5:55 PM, ThomasPowers said:

Good Brand, most made in Columbus OH by the Columbus Forge and Iron Co. 258# for $500 is a GREAT DEAL on it as long as it passes the ring and bounce tests.

It passed the tests and I bought it for 400$. How can I tell where this one was made and when?