I Forge Iron

Angel Fire Forge

Just joined the forum and thought I'd introduce myself. I am just rekindling my interest in metal work . Have made quite a few knives by stock removal, but have always wanted to go the next step and learn to properly forge a blade. Also very interested in forging my own Damascus billets for making blades. Just bought a new Kanka 50 anvil and am currently working on forge designs to meet my needs. On a personal note I am 58 years of age, overweight, and overworked by the Angel in Angel Fire Forge my lovely wife of nearly 30 years. Hope to learn much and maybe be a resource  for others.

Terry

Mr. Angelfire Forge Sir,

How and where did you get your Grinch and Party-pooper badges. I think that they would make fine specimens hung over the mantle in my man cave.

Your reply is anxiously awaited.

Thank you.

Regards,

SLAG.

5 hours ago, Angelfire Forge said:

These are honorary titles bestowed upon my by my bride, fraught of years of humbugging and disingenuous celebration of the holidays.  neck like the proverbial millstone of the bible.

You could do like me and drop the holidays all together. :) Welcome to the forum, BTW. sounds like you'll fit in great.

16 hours ago, Angelfire Forge said:

On a personal note I am 58 years of age, overweight, and overworked by the Angel in Angel Fire Forge my lovely wife of nearly 30 years.

Hmmm. I am 59, losing weight, and have been with my bride for 30, married 27 years. I am practicing hanging up my millstones from time to time - allows me to swing a heavier hammer with better posture.

As for the humbugging, the Missus and I have an arrangement - she earnestly celebrates the holidays in my name (a very comprehensive package deal, indeed!), and that eases the challenges of my peculiar brain chemistry -

Which becomes more challenging as the suns' zenith trends further South.

Welcome to the Forum.

Robert Taylor

In early December I hit the LP mark---married 33 and 1/3rd years.  We get around the holiday hoopla by celebrating Christmas at the kids houses; though I do like to hang icicle lights on the house as they look good from the inside---passive solar with windows all the way up on the south side... Better to hang up the millstones than to toss yourself in the sea wearing them!

My lovely bride of 25 years married (after many years as a couple — we met in 8th grade, dated off and on in high school, reconnected and got engaged in college, and married a couple of years after graduation) and I have an arrangement: I support her knitting, and she tolerates my smithing. 

On 11/4/2017 at 12:53 AM, Angelfire Forge said:

These are honorary titles bestowed upon my by my bride, fraught of years of humbugging and disingenuous celebration of the holidays.

Too funny.  My wife named me Oscar for Oscar the Grouch and she often refers to me as the Grinch during the Holidays.

We've already started Thursdays dinner for our group at church: two crockpots: first is 15 bean soup with smoked pork neck for flavoring; the second is pinto beans and smoked beef brisket.  Jiffy mix cornbread, and a salad.

Onion and chili in the beans is a given!   My wife is back from the birth of our last? grandson and was asking me last night if I had any partial onions in the fridge as she was cooking dinner.  I told her I didn't hold with partial onions I'd throw a whole one in anything I was making....They grow them just up the valley from here and they are fresh, good and cheap!