I Forge Iron

Shop door handle pulls inspired by Chandler Dickinson

I made a set of tree branch door pulls inspired by Chandler Dickinson on the 4th. I used 1" C.R.S. that was given to me

by a friend. I will be making another set for my brother soon.

Thanks go out to Chandler for his generous sharing and his great videos.

Stitch

Mod Note: Link removed due to language.

IMG_20170704_164503.jpg.555bdeabdac9d7b698d95daa99e0874d.jpg

IMG_20170705_155350.jpg.af638059981361bc58ed5de68f42fa0e.jpgIMG_20170705_155339.jpg.af20514b0b87562640521437f5e82e50.jpg

cool!

only thing I would have done differently would have been to use a clear lacquer, I like to see the steel, just think it looks better, but obviously there are people who like the paint too, which is perfectly fine!

Littleblacksmith

Thanks guys! I finished them with Graphite powder and Olive oil to make a paste. Applied and then buffed off with a cotton cloth. I then gave them 2 coats of clear lacquer.

Just enough to seal and give them a hint of shine which did not show up in the pics. I've never used black paint on my forgings. I really like these on my shop.

Stitch

interesting paste, never heard of it, may have to try it! thanks for sharing this!

Littleblacksmith

Excuse my ignorance. But what does c. r. s. stand for.

I looked it up on the net and got ,

Catholic Relief Services,

Common Reporting Standard,

(see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Reporting_Standard)

I do not think that these definitions are correct.

Also, where are you. You are selling treadle hammer. And location is important information for a potential purchaser.

Looking forward to a reply.

Thank you.

SLAG

Yeah, CRS typically stands for two things on in the blacksmith community, "Cold Rolled Steel" or "Can't Remember . . . Stuff"

Nice pulls, well done. I think I would've broken the edges a bit more those look a little sharp for my taste. That is a matter of taste, not a comment on the craftsmanship.

Frosty The Lucky.

ooohhh etched wrought iron would have been cool for this.

Littleblacksmith

3 hours ago, littleblacksmith said:

ooohhh etched wrought iron would have been cool for this.

Littleblacksmith

Yeah, that's what popped into my mind, too. One more to the to do list :)

G