I Forge Iron

large fireplace screen

Encountered this screen at the Keeter Center at the College of the Ozarks in Branson Missouri. The frame has alot of welding beads that are ground down a little to make the outside pattern. There's texturing on all the square tubes. The leaves look lazer cut. Its very cool. The size is what got my attention.

20170516_132709.jpg

20170516_133017.jpg

WOW! Now THAT IS a fireplace! Maybe a JCB to put the logs on? And-we're gonna need bigger tongs!

Thanks for posting Kevin. I wonder how many hours went into the making of that superb screen?

It looks like it is a working fireplace-the chimney must be a massive stack too.

Now THAT'S a man cave fire place! Comfy looking overstuffed chair out front must be more of them around the coffee table you can glimpse. Are there floor lamps so a person can enjoy a book by the fire without messing up the ambience with room lighting?

The "tree(?)" on the hearth next to the fireplace is that a sculpture, living plant of just a way to store marshmallow and hot dog toasting sticks. Maybe it's another iron sculpture?

That is my kind of place to kick back and relax with or without friends on a cold winter day.

Thanks for the pics Kevin.

Frosty The Lucky.

3 hours ago, Tommytaptap said:

It looks like it is a working fireplace-the chimney must be a massive stack too.

Its fake. Maybe gas powered. I could not tell. The lighting was very dark plus the screen was hard to see through. You can see the fake smoke stains on the front though. It looks really looks real.   As for the tree Frosty. Its not living but might have been at one time. I really didnt study it at all