I Forge Iron

Sea Serpent

Just practicing making animal heads, this was a dragon head and since it was already a nice bar of steel I decided to make it a sea Serpent. The biggest problem was welding on the flippers, they really didn't want to go and one of them fell off as I was 90% done. This difficulty in material handling has promoted me to begin making split tongs, so I can hold material in two seperate places while being able to forge weld in between them though that's probably for tomorrow.

DSCF4073.JPG

DSCF4074.JPG

DSCF4075.JPG

Beany and Cecil the seasick sea serpent a favorite how about "Mr. Wizard?" Help Mr. Wizard, I don't want to be a (whatever that episode was) anymore! "Johnny Quest?" 

Ah the marionette shows. Fireball XL5! How about "Supercar?" 

How about "Rocket Man?" "Flash Gordon?" George Reeves as "Superman?" There were earlier series but they were short lived and before my time. Noel Neill  who played Lois Lane was in one of the earlier series and was cast untill recently. She appeared as Lois Lane's mother in one of the recent movies. Remember the '50s Batman attempts? The '60s version was . . . "Holy gag reflex Batman!" silly.

I'm blanking on the puppet shows. "Jerry Mahone" and ? There must've been 6 or more? Which puppet had really ORANGE hair Like you see on a safety vest orange. 

"Soupy Sales!" Live Television at it's best! We used to watch just to see if the crew could get him to break and laugh or say soething to get him taken off the air. That happened a couple times. Great television. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Not so sure about the Emma Peel of course bit....I also had a soft spot for Purdy...wasn't too dismissive of Honor Blackman either.

Mind you I did see Diana Rigg play Viola in Twelth Night at the RSC at Stratford on a school trip. Made a great impression which has lasted.

Alan