I Forge Iron

Scramseax

j.w.s.

Well, Mr Sells was wondering if I was OK since I haven't been active on here for about half a year.. truth is, been very active but not very social. :) Here's a piece I started last Wednesday and finished up Saturday. 1095/15N20, herringbone pattern seax. 16.5" blade, 200 year old wrought for the fittings, cocobolo, copper and elk antler for the handle.

-J

IMG_20170119_181339.jpgIMG_20170119_181327.jpgIMG_20170121_171056.jpgIMG_20170121_171125.jpgIMG_20170121_171201.jpg

8 minutes ago, Steve Sells said:

that is real class  there JWS,   and Yes I missed your input around here, glad you are well

Thank you! Between Crazy Ivan and I it's been a bit busy around Underhill Forge lately. Forging tools, hammers, blades, teaching classes, building power hammers and drinking beer, if it wasn't for the long skinny end we wouldn't how to drink a cold one.. OK, that's a lie, we could be armless and have our mouths sewn shut and still manage to drink a beer. :)

-J

• 2 weeks later...