I Forge Iron

Help identifing a fishing lure?

Dogsoldat

Bought a trolling motor and took the youngest and my mother out fishing.  Well the kids game was on.  Every time her hook went in the water she was pulling something out.  She landed a 14 1/2" trout and had another larger one nearly bend her rod back on itself.  It was all she could do to reel it in and almost lift the rod...    but it slipped the hook right next to the boat.  Anyways  my google fu is not strong tonight and not sure what search terms in need to use to try and find a few more of the lure that we had on the end of her line.  I think it might be  one of the two packages but I'm really not sure.  We had lost a few hooks in weeds and submerged trees on a previous expedition. 

DSC02848.JPGDSC02855.JPGDSC02856.JPG

So the BIG one got away did it? Good to hear you're teaching the girl proper fishing traditions. :D

If it came out of one of those packages it's the "Wired Single". The whole lure is on a wire from the loop at the swivel to the swivel just ahead of the SINGLE hook.

Ultra sonic lures have a "tuning fork" like structure or rarely a "reed" to make sound when trolled or jigged in.

That's my reasoning for "Wired Single."

Frosty The Lucky.

I think the wired single might be the wedding band on a wire.  I have another in my tackle box same as this blue one only silver just found it stashed away in a corner.  Though both are on wires.  I think I might remember when and where I swapped out hooks for my daughter now.   Not sure if the package is the right one. 

Oh there were more than a few nice fish in the one lake.  Thought for sure her rod was going to break or the line snap with the one that got away.  I wonder if maybe that's why she was doing better than us,  playing around with her rod here and there.  It seemed like they hit as she was reeling in, more motion more noise ?  might be getting closer 

DSC02857.JPG

8 minutes ago, Steve Sells said:

I have to agree because I have a small trout size sonic like the lure you used, different style spinner, same body.  Why not order both, like you really need an excuse to buy tackle?

Wasn't there some saying along the lines of tackle shops are there to lure fishermen...or new fishing tackle catches more fishermen than fish?

Alan

4 hours ago, Dogsoldat said:

Thanks Culver,   good to know that a random grab off the shelf was a good choice.

I know your right Steve,  just have to find it again so it can be bought x3 ...

I really like the sonic blades in stained water or when on the water dusk to sun up. The second pic has a Colorado blade. They make a bunch of different styles but the main four are the sonic, Colorado, Indiana and Willow leaf in order of decreasing vibration. I like coppers or dark colors in stained water. brass or silver as the water clears and sun is brighter. I am also a big fan of hammered finish (seems only right on a black smith forum) becasue I think it flashes more like natural scales would. 

That's some good info to tuck away Culver.  The one lake the water is quite brown and dirty looking.  The other where the larger fish are at is clear but black if that makes sense.  So my choices for those two lakes has been pretty good from what I understand.

On 9/7/2016 at 6:04 AM, ausfire said:

Nice looking scenery there in B.C. I would be looking over my shoulder for bears. Not too fond of bears.

Agreed, that is a nice river.  Ausfire, bears are okay.  They taste like....racoon or groundhog.  Just saying.