I Forge Iron

Caught Some Thieves Today! 3 Of Them!

b4utoo

a few years ago before I had the walls on my shop I was working  in the fire and saw a guy climb the power pole, he was alone (we always work in pairs) no safety glasses or gloves or hard hat, wearing  sneakers and old style pole spikes...so I took notes of van lic Number his clothes, even got a little photo, but before I could call the union hall to report  the non union infringement of our work, I see this idiot cut the ground wiring off the transformer and move on to the next pole, so  called police with my report instead,  he got 3 more before I told dispatch if you are so sure I am a fake Come arrest me, and bring a tow truck for this guy   lol

later a squad car showed up to see about the crank call, I showed him my notes and photo, and he also looked and saw wires cut from grounds...  later he returns to tell me they caught him in the act by accident on traffic camera getting more. had a ford van full, even had a few service entrance sets too.

I rightfully call this scrapper/thief a fool because Aluminum is not worth much,  the grounds he stole are copper coated aluminum. so they were not worth the cost of fuel spent driving to steal them.

He tried to tell police its salvage he was given from a job site somewhere, could not remember where...  well that backfired too, in addition to the photo my testimony, and traffic camera FILMING HIM DOING IT.   he had another fact against him. :  electrical code demands all wiring be printed every 30 inches with manufacturer name, wire size and type. these were not marked at all.  I pointed out then the only exception to that rule is power company for transmission lines. and they are not known for charity.

The week before his trial, he took a plea bargain, which included paying to replace all the ground wiring and transformers he damaged, about 50 of them.

15 hours ago, Jackdawg said:

My advice at this point would be to pull down the picture and ask the mods to delete this thread until after the case has been through the legal process.

nothing identifying in the photos, and the story is not detailed enough to be any issue to cause us to hide the thread, if you are a legal type and see legal reason pleaser elaborate in a PM, we Honestly dont mind posts like yours  keeps us on our toes and out of trouble.

makes you laugh here this upstanding citizen gets an upstanding out of work  lawyer and investigator most likely at public expense to mess with you like you were the criminal.   In good oldie England they would hang thieves for stealing a handkerchief where did we go wrong. 

12 hours ago, No.4shot said:

When will people learn crime never pays.

it sure does in some political circles these days.   the lawyer & investigator are getting paid.  there is enough of it around so it must be paying somewhere   

Mr. Jackdawg,

I must respectfully disagree. The posts and pictures have had a very limited exposure. Public media usually reveal much more details, and pictures concerning crimes. They are most always not ordered to remove their coverage. A judge has limited authority to issue a gag order in a case or require "in camera" judicial court proceedings  (i.e. the case would be heard in private). Such orders requires extreme circumstances. Open trials are a hallmark of Common Law jurisdictions.(this includes the U.S.A.). I suspect that this particular case may have had minimal public exposure. In my opinion, striking I.F.I.'s  thread contents is not necessary.

I speak with some authority.  I  am a retired attorney. (N.Y.S. & On. bars). and studied criminal law at school & for the respective bar exams.  Although I mainly practiced intellectual property & licensing law.