I Forge Iron

Caught Some Thieves Today! 3 Of Them!

b4utoo

Working outside in my garage organizing my metal working and wood working areas...trying to seperate the two more...and around 3pm middle of day! Van pulls into my closest neighbors place....Well no one stays there, but its his second home....they acted like a clean up crew...But I seen a guy with some bolt cutters hit a gate...so I called my neighbor and asked if he has guest there or whatever...Nope! So called the sheriff.

3-5 Minute response time! In middle of Desert! AWESOME! ONE LESS PEST IN THE AREA! Heard they're getting big charges against them...2 guys and a girl. Deputy pulled in and cut them off as they tried to pull out...Might bring some pics to the local market have them posted...

Night or Day...Pay attention everyone...never know!

Oh you just put a BIG smile on my face!

Get up and look if the dogs won't shut up! We were recently reminded of that, our cars were gone through. Nothing lost but Grrrrrr. Probably yelling at the dogs is what scared them off, I still feel sooooo stupid.

Frosty The Lucky.

Good job! Give that Sheriff a gift card to Krispy Kreme.

Reminds me of a story my Dad told me about a coworker of his. He was home on afternoon and saw a similar situation. He knew his elderly neighbors were not home , so he called the cops then grabbed a. .22 he had handy. He greeted them as they came out carrying one of the old style entertainment centers-the kind with the record player in it. When they went to set it down he said, No,no,no keep holding it. He held them like that until the cops showed up.

That is one thing I like about where I live, and knowing my neighbors. I have received a phone call about a different vehicle in my driveway. It was my friend picking up something, but I appreciated the call. All of my neighbors have my contact information.

Here is the 3 stooges moments after they're initial...IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE OFFICER!....All three arrested. Van Impounded lol....

Need to start a wall of shame at local market :)

thumbnail_20160627_160734_resized.jpg

girl is in front seat lol

Just 3 people trying to be gainfully employed helping people out of their possessions and someone had to complain.  What is the world coming to?  It's the homeowners fault for having this so we would be tempted to take it, not our fault.  Going to have the rescuer arrested for threatening.  Can't have people doing this or we would have to get a regular 40 hrs. a week job, can you imagine what our friends would  think?  then we would have to live paycheck (what ever that is) to Paycheck like most people.  Yuk this isn't going to be fun.  My Professor told me I had rights.   

4 hours ago, notownkid said:

Just 3 people trying to be gainfully employed helping people out of their possessions and someone had to complain.  What is the world coming to?  It's the homeowners fault for having this so we would be tempted to take it, not our fault.  Going to have the rescuer arrested for threatening.  Can't have people doing this or we would have to get a regular 40 hrs. a week job, can you imagine what our friends would  think?  then we would have to live paycheck (what ever that is) to Paycheck like most people.  Yuk this isn't going to be fun.  My Professor told me I had rights.   

Ah they were card carrying members of the "Self Help Society" and they decided to help themselves... :D

Phosgene is too indiscriminate I think a helpful dose of metaphorical chlorine say NOT insist idiots wear life jackets and keep pulling their chestnuts out of the fire would serve nicely. If someone over the age of 18 doesn't want to wear seatbelts, Chlorine! If someone younger gets caught not wearing them they can lose their license for a month. A year for a second time? There are states that give young drivers ONE warning regarding getting a moving violation, a second offense, ANY offense and they lose their license for a while. I LOVE the system but that's what my parents did to me so maybe I'm prejudiced. I didn't get tickets though, I LOVED being able to drive.

Seriously, do I really need a warning label telling me food will be hot when microwaved? Frankly if a person really does need to be warned something they just heated will be hot they may be a perfect candidate for chlorination. Of course I think the folk who keep finding new things to warn us about might be the most needy themselves and probably the same deep thinkers who mandated, braille on bank drive throughs!

Frosty The Lucky.

I imagine "don't touch" in brail would be the last thing you read...

seriusly, my dad proposes that humans are a virus infecting the earth. I can't say I disagree as a whole, tho the folks here are exeptinal.

remember when we were kids and it was all "duck and cover" or "nucular winter"? Now we have "global warming" and a population approaching 10 billion. I see a possible solution...

Would love to dig a trench around my property ...then cover it....And put a warning saying as much.....And watch how many "smart" people experience it....but I think I would get sued....

Guess I should just stick with putting a fence up....Nothing really deters people out here...if you do find something that works....you most likely get sued for implementing it.

For me, even tho the meth heads are a problem, it's felony to trespass on a horse facility, no warnings, nor signs nada. Plus I have a dog with a rep. Finding home owners insurance was a bit of a challenge but I did. Only had one fool try to get past ol' Polly. When something was said about a law suit after the fire time I augmented he do so, when his lawyer sent me a letter I sent him a copy of the relive the statute and indicated that when his client stated under oath that he had been on my place I would press charges...

been a few years, but I haven't heard anything else...

• 1 month later...

Well I got a subpoena today...One of the idiots at least says he is innocent lol go figure...I found out all three have a big history. One of the defendants sent a investigator to question me. I said I would love to say what I witness...To a law enforcement officer...they didn't like that much. So I guess I will see them in court soon. I was aggravated over the subpoena until I figured one of em was calling me a liar by saying he was innocent.

If you end up in court don't show your distaste for the scumbag thieves.  That's what their lawyer will want.  Just act all innocent and shocked and describe what you saw with innocence and honesty.  Any hint of malice toward the perps will support their defense that they were targeted.

Feces and strychnine. Strychnine is an anticoagulant so wounds won't stop bleeding. I agree with Slag, rust is too long term unless you know of a rabid dog you can get some slobber off of.

In all seriousness just play it straight and tell the truth in court. Judges get lied to so constantly they REALLY treat truthful folk well.

Frosty The Lucky.