I Forge Iron

Found this big fella hiding in a corner of the shop

Sam Salvati

Found this big fella hiding in the corner of the shop, he was jumping up and down wagging his tail and i couldn't resist:D. It is a 20 ton hydraulic press, used for bending(see the bending jig) in the welding shop, and the new owner does not use it, so i think i will thorw a set of forging dies in it it and see what these things are all about. That is a pack of cigs for scale.

4910.attach

4911.attach

4912.attach

4913.attach

4914.attach

4915.attach

4916.attach

4917.attach

4918.attach

4919.attach

4920.attach

4921.attach

4922.attach

Larry, they are the same shop:D. I rent a space in the shop from the owner of the business and building, and run my business seperate from his but in the same building. Valentin, i hope they are good a tool as people say they are, or if i will feel myself wanting a power hammer instead.

Firstly, if you just found it .. I'd love to see the thing it was hiding behind .. .i mean how can you work in a shop and miss something like that?
And second . .the short bus is for cool people cuz every seat is the back seat.

I heer that playah!:cool: ridin' thru tha hood with tha smoke commin' out them windows . .u kno . .fishbowlin. . sippin on gin and juice... slowin' down traffic . . and ev'body stopped and stared when you got out . ..You know them wankstaz wuz jealous.:P They knew you were loc'd out! Fo Shizzle!

Wait to see how possessive he is about it once you show him how handy it is!

Folks I *OWN* the short bus, we keep our camping and garden stuff in it. A friend got it dumped on them when the band that was touring in it couldn't get it started the next day and had to leave it to make their shows. 10 years later my friend had to move and the landlord said the bus had to go as well. So I got a free garden shed, 1964 Thomas built 17' bus in non-working condition. Gas engine. Should be easy to get a salvage title for it and has lots of small rock band decals in the inside---offers of a decent garden shed accepted!

Note that a press is not a powerhammer and depending on what you want to be doing you may need either or both.

Our local smithing group once toured a steel casting company and they had one building that was so large and packed with junk that my train crazy friend missed seeing that they had a switching locomotive *inside* the building lost in the clutter.

Note that a press is not a powerhammer and depending on what you want to be doing you may need either or both.

Our local smithing group once toured a steel casting company and they had one building that was so large and packed with junk that my train crazy friend missed seeing that they had a switching locomotive *inside* the building lost in the clutter.

Yeah, having a shop with blacksmithing and bladesmithing i think a powerhammer woud be more used for both ends, but this press should be NICE for both as well. WHAT A SCRAP PILE THAT SOUNDS LIKE!