I Forge Iron

For fun

Joel OF

I love the look of this.  Excellent job!

On a side note, I wish you people would stop posting so much cool stuff.  My wife was just looking over my shoulder, saw the pictures,, and now there is another project added to my honey-do list.

Can't tell you how many times this has happened, so that list is huge!!!

6 minutes ago, Charles R. Stevens said:

She have two hands?

Strike for her. You wouldn't be the first couple where the man is struggling to compleat with his wife at the forge. 

Wish she took an interest in it... let me rephrase... Wish she took an interest in actually making the stuff.  She loves wrought iron looking pieces,  rustic forged pieces, and she loves the fact that when she tells her awesome husband to do something, he does it without question.  She came out to watch/help me forge one time... got a small burn on her hand from some flying scale when I had her helping as a striker, and she hasn't been back since.

The copper on Joel's piece is what caught her attention on this one.  I've never worked with copper, but I guess I'll be learning.  It will be a while though.  Other things on the list include more candle holders, an incense holder, gardening tools, door pulls for the sliding barn door in the  master bath, and a bunch of other stuff.  Actually, with my passion for the knives, my general blacksmithing skills haven't improved nearly as fast as my blade making skills, so I do credit her for forcing me back to basics on a lot of things, and I don't think that is all bad.

On 5/11/2016 at 9:50 AM, HEAP of JEEP said:

On a side note, I wish you people would stop posting so much cool stuff.  My wife was just looking over my shoulder, saw the pictures,, and now there is another project added to my honey-do list.

IForgeIron is a family forum which means the wife can look over your shoulder at any time. The down side is when she looks over your shoulder and suggests you can make her one of everything she sees. It is nice to have a wife with such confidence in your ability (grin).

Get started making things at the forge. It will keep her happy and you away from the computer while while your forging. Do I dare mention that she get her own account and that the gallery has over 20,000 + images? You did want to spend more time at the forge, right? (Big Ole Grin).

The project is both a bit different and very useful. Great idea Joel.