I Forge Iron

Gas forge connector -urgent-

Jaredciz

Hi guys I have recently bought a forge: http://m.ebay.com/itm/252086987885?_mwBanner=1

it doesn't come with a connection kit, which is why I am here. Is there any thing I can buy in the US that will serve as a connector kit, connecting the propane to the regulator, then the hose? Do I have to cut off the top of say a barbecue hose and connect it to the burner with a air tight clamp? I need help because I am so urgent to start working. Thanks! 

PS links on what to buy is WELL appreciated.

Well the propane place by the RR tracks and the bridge probably has everything you need; go there and pick it up!  

What did the manufacture tell you when you asked them about hooking it up?  

Just remember you will need propane rated hose "T" if I recall correctly and a high pressure propane regulator (which is low pressure as far as many regulators but generally much higher pressure than gas BBQ set ups (0-15 or 0-30 psi depending on WHAT THE MANUFACTURER SUGGESTS)

I checked their store on ebay and they have connection kits that will show you everything you need to source locally and how they have it hooked up.

44 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

Well the propane place by the RR tracks and the bridge probably has everything you need; go there and pick it up!  

What did the manufacture tell you when you asked them about hooking it up?  

Just remember you will need propane rated hose "T" if I recall correctly and a high pressure propane regulator (which is low pressure as far as many regulators but generally much higher pressure than gas BBQ set ups (0-15 or 0-30 psi depending on WHAT THE MANUFACTURER SUGGESTS)

I checked their store on ebay and they have connection kits that will show you everything you need to source locally and how they have it hooked up.

That took a bunch of effort to do that little bit of looking too didn't it? I'm getting tired just thinking about clickin a few links. :( 

Welcome aboard Jared, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you may be surprised how many Iforge members live within visiting distance.

Contact the manufacturer of the forge you bought and ask them about the correct connections, were they NOT included with the forge? If you're thinking buying the connection hardware BEFORE you know what's correct and SAFE you are making a dangerously wrong decision. Please do not expect responsible folk to help you put yourself in unnecessary danger.

A tip for asking questions on Iforge, well a couple tips. First, do some serious looking first, at least Google. Secondly if you need specific answers you MUST ask specific questions. In this case you'd have to tell us what kinds of fittings the burner uses, what it's operating pressures are, etc. As asked your question can NOT be answered in  a meaningful way.

Blacksmithing  is a craft based on specific actions and tools to achieve specific results, general questions rarely if ever get specific answers.

Frosty The Lucky.

What Frosty said, Then put another layer of ceramic blanket in there and some liner.  Without it and those big opened ends all of your heat will not be in the forge.  As it is now it is a health hazard with the fiber not covered.

I've been reading up on ceramic wool.  You don't want that stuff in your lungs.

Jared,

Download a pirated copy of my book "Gas Burners for Forges, Furnaces, & Kilns. There are free PDF just waiting to provide you all the information you are looking for and much more that would take you a couple of years to understand you need. Why do things the hard way?

Mikey