I Forge Iron

1892 Fisher Anvil

Fishers aren't SUPER rare. I haven't seen many, at the same time m neighbor has 5 and he does no blacksmithing at all, but I haven't seen many anvils in general. I know there are many people on IFI that have Fishers.

Great anvil though. have fun on it!

-EJ

I'm one of the folks around here that has a Fisher. Mine's a 200 pound from 1941. There's a few around here, but I'd have to agree with EJRailRoadTrack, I haven't seen many. I see more Hay Budden and Peter Wright anvils, or at least see them get talked about more.

Could you post a photo of your anvil?  Check out my postings and the FISHER category on IFI of "Anvil review by brands".

Lots of pictures here and on my FB site "Fisher & Norris Factory Museum Page".

Fisher made a bit over 500,000 anvils from around 1850 to 1979.  The challenge these days is finding ones in good condition.  Although anvils in great condition keep turning up everywhere.  The museum has at least 10 anvils that have never been hit, and many more in great condition.

Contact me for any other information.

Yeah

48 minutes ago, njanvilman said:

Could you post a photo of your anvil?  Check out my postings and the FISHER category on IFI of "Anvil review by brands".

Lots of pictures here and on my FB site "Fisher & Norris Factory Museum Page".

Fisher made a bit over 500,000 anvils from around 1850 to 1979.  The challenge these days is finding ones in good condition.  Although anvils in great condition keep turning up everywhere.  The museum has at least 10 anvils that have never been hit, and many more in great condition.

Contact me for any other information.

Yeah sure, mine might something like 100-150 pounds,

its in quite decent condition I think, and its quiet.