I Forge Iron

Thinking 'out loud'/Self defense for the ladies

Michael Cochran

9 hours ago, Michael Cochran said:

I guess we have different of definitions for the word fight.

Where I come from most people think that stabbing or cutting someone else constitutes a fight of some sort, and that is what a knife does, it cuts.

8 minutes ago, Steve Sells said:

Where I come from most people think that stabbing or cutting someone else constitutes a fight of some sort, and that is what a knife does, it cuts.

That is one of their most endearing charms isn't it?

Frosty The Lucky.

• Self Protection covers many things  to your person etc.  Everyone owns Fire Extinguishers right?  Some around the house shop maybe the car.  Hop many of you are trained to use them/  Trained on Live Fires.  When I was Fire Chief of a rural Dept we held Live Fire training every summer on a Sun. afternoon. 25-30 people would show up at least ladies.  It's been reported a lot have used them at home or work to put out fires.  Same with self personal Protection it's too late to read the instructions when someone is after you.  Practice and train is it a will it happen or when will it happen.   

Mods, if it is unacceptable to post this website for any reason, it was not my intention. That being said, if so move or delete will not hurt my feelings. This guy Mark "animal" Mcyoung is a knowledgeable guy and has quite a bit of information on the subject. Having said that, I have trained some knife stuff(although not as much as I wished), and taught self defense to men women and children. My M.O. is a MMA styled self defense system, and I borrow from Escrima, Krav, BJJ, and Muay Thai. Take that for what it is worth. 

Link has been removed as one link can not provide enough skill and expertise to protect someone in a dangerous situation. If you feel you need training, then search out qualified instructor(s), learn how to defend yourself in a variety of situations, and practice until it becomes instinctive and not something you have to think about. Thanks to all that have posted.

The thread is closed as it has answered the original question.