I Forge Iron

I found a anvil and don't know what it is

Ok the guy who is selling this wants $350. I  don't know what's fair.  Besides craigslist this is the only  lower priced anvil I've  found so far. So I'm really tempted to grab it. Any thoughts on what brand and quality would be much  appreciated.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ok the guy who is selling this wants $350. I  don't know what's fair.  Besides craigslist this is the only  lower priced anvil I've  found so far. So I'm really tempted to grab it. Any thoughts on what brand and quality would be much  appreciated.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

IMG_1269.MOV

Edited by Fuzz557

It may not be a Rolls-Royce, Ferrari, or Jaguar, but it can get you to town and back. People are not going to ask what brand anvil you used to make that garden gate they are interested in purchasing. They look at the quality and craftsmanship of the product. THAT depends on the blacksmith, not the anvil.

Bottom line is can you make the anvil PAY FOR ITSELF in a reasonable amount of time?

I think it's worth moving quickly or it'll be gone. Up here the pixels wouldn't have had time to dry before it sold. It may not be a top shelf anvil but it's still a good one and it looks to be in top condition, the rust doesn't count, that's just some work with a wire brush and oil or Johnson's paste wax to prettify up. The stand is gravy with a cherry on top. I sincerely hope you read my reply after you get home with it. Seriously.

Frosty The Lucky.